• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Saturday, May 11, 2019
    Squat: 250x5x3
    Press: 132.5x4, 5, 3
    Rows: 180x5x3
    Power Cleans: 155x3, 2, 3

I missed lifting on Friday, but got it in this morning. You can see I definitely missed reps, especially on press. I am not 100% sure why, though think it might be related to only a single meal in so far for the day. On press, I was also a bit self-conscious on form (particularly wrists, which I generally have too extended at the bottom and straighten at the top), and that impacted me. However, I was honestly tired as well, and it showed. Even though I missed on press, I'm going to attempt 135 on Wednesday. I have hit 132.5 and know I can do it pretty solidly. Unless I have another bad day, I think I can get 135.

Power cleans were overall rough. This goes to being tired as well, and so the jump was just weak resulting in low rack positions and in the case of the missed rep, the bar not making it high enough. On the few reps where I did get everything together well, the weight came up and landed right where it needed to. This is my first time at 155, so going to keep the weight here.

Squats were challenging, but not too bad. Rows are rows. I really feel like I need to approach all my lifts more like rows - setup at the bar, grab it, and pull. Five times. Then I'm done. It's fast, deliberate, and no waiting between reps. That said, Rows are easy with no risk to self if I miss or drop the weight, so I think that plays a part. Anyway, Rows were good and going up next time.

Called a bit of an audible today and started up an HLM routine. I created a new log in intermediate which you can find here: Giving a go at HLM

This is something I've been going back and forth on for a while, and I decided it's just time. Been doing NLP for 31 weeks, probably about 25-26 weeks of progress and resets.

starting strength coach development program
    Good one.
    I'll check it out.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122