starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mission: Beefy

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Yeah, just came from Nats, and you'd have been close to winning your weight class just as a novice in LP. Do some Intermediate work and some peaking, and you could really clean up the awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean McAnally View Post
    Really nice work! Any specific plans/goals for HLM? You should consider competing...
    Thank you, Sean! I don't really have anything specific planned; I just want to keep HLM going as long as I can. I had a goal in the back of my head for LP of hitting a 225 squat...overshot that. I would rather be surprised than disappointed, I guess.
    I'd love to compete - someday. Things are going to be a bit hairy for awhile with nursing school overwhelming my life.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    You should indeed consider competing. Many of the people I know go to the SS sponsored USSF competition each fall in Chicago. There may be other venues closer to you but I doubt it. Sometimes they have had one in April as well. But that would give you a chance to meet some of the people on this forum. Check it out if interested.
    I appreciate the info; will definitely keep it in mind. I'd love to start meeting people!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Bischoff View Post
    Yeah, just came from Nats, and you'd have been close to winning your weight class just as a novice in LP. Do some Intermediate work and some peaking, and you could really clean up the awards.
    Geoff - that sounds like a great time! I'm not sure if I really would've come close, because I now weigh 205... but intermediate work might get me one tier below SHW in these next few months. I appreciate the encouragement.

01/24/2019

Squat: 245x3, 225x3x5
    Bench: 102.5x5x3
    Deadlift: 295x3

First day of partial HLM was tough, mostly because the workout took so much time. Squats were extremely taxing, but I truly believe I'm getting better at keeping the weight on my mid-foot for the entirety of the squat. Bench is getting pretty heavy for me, but I want to push it as far as it will go. Deadlifts were surprisingly difficult, too; I don't remember them being so hard last time I did the same weight for the same # of reps, and on my third rep today, I definitely rounded. A solid reminder that my lower body can't handle a novice progression anymore.

01/26/2019

Squat: 195x3x4
    Press: 82.5x3x5
    Chins: 5x3 with 80 lbs assist

Squats were a little too easy - thinking about adjusting that for my next light day. Press was tough, but I feel like 85 is coming on strong. First time doing chins in at least 6 months, so they were no joke.

starting strength coach development program
    01/28/2019

Squat: 105kgx3x4
    Bench: 48kgx5x3
    SLDL: 84kgx5x3

Still hanging in there for bench LP, but it's definitely slowing down. Squats were great; my only concern were the deadlifts...concerned I might not have used enough weight for the variation, but I'm feeling the effects a bit today. Hoping the SLDLs contribute to an even more impressive deadlift soon!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234