starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission: Beefy

Default Mission: Beefy

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello,

Starting Strength has been my preferred training method for some time now. I want to be as strong as possible. Currently I am trying to milk my novice gains for as long as I can.

Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 195 lbs
    Sex: Female
    Last edited by Caitlin Lyon; 12-05-2018 at 09:23 PM.

"Mission: Beefy"

Awwwww yeah

12/03/2018

Squat: 200x5x3
    Bench: 95x5x5
    Deadlift: 255x5

Squat went better than expected. Last time I did this weight, I began my journey with a knee injury, which thankfully ended about a month ago. Bench was tough - barely got my last rep. Deadlift was deadlift. Somehow I always seem to get it. Had some form breakdown, but I'll do better next time. My fabulous boyfriend has suggested that I do Texas Method-style upper body lifts, hence the bench 5x5. My upper body lifts stalled out while I was rehabbing my knees, so LP for squat and deadlift continue.

I would suggest doing the 5 sets of bench but increase weight if you get 3 sets of 5 completed, eg if your 100 lbs bench looks like 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, then increase weight by 2.5 or 5 pounds next work out.
    If you're waiting to get 5 perfect sets of 5 before increasing weight it will most likely stall your progress.

12/05/2018

Squat: 160x5x3
    Press: 63.75x5x3
    Deadlift: 205x5

Today's light Wednesday was a new addition and much needed. Squats were tough, but press and deadlift went pretty smoothly. Overall a good workout.

12/07/2018

Squat: 205x5x3
    Bench: 105x4
    Deadlift: 260x5

Warming up to squats, I didn't think I was going to get 205 for even one set. Got under the bar, all 15 reps came up like I'd done it a million times. Crazy how that works.
    Bench was pretty sorry. It's clear that I've detrained, since I took a week off for bench and press. Going to revert back to LP and try to get my body accommodated again.
    Deadlifts were super tough. Had some noticeable rounding on the last 2 reps. Reevaluating and coming back better next time.

Really excited that my squat is getting stronger than ever! It's definitely my goal to get 225x5x3 before LP runs out.

12/10/2018

Squat: 210x5x3
    Press: 65x5x3
    Deadlift: 265x3x2

I had a feeling squats would come easy and I was right. Though, you can see from the video that switching to 3x3 for squat will be a useful option for me when I can no longer performs fives. Press felt tough after squat so I opted for 65 instead of 70 since I happened to forget to bring my micro weights, which I would've used to press 67.5. Deadlift looked pretty rough on my first set, but was definitely better than trying to do five all in one set. My second set looked much better because I reevaluated my form at my boyfriend/coach's prompting, put the bar down over midfoot, and didn't move the bar before my next pull.

Not your coach, just happy to help

Squats look excellent.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by positronbomb View Post
    Squats look excellent.
    Thank you!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast