starting strength gym
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Resolution 2019 - Get Stronger

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Happy birthday, Adam, and I'm glad to hear the session with coach Inman went well. Looking forward to seeing how you do on this weeks lifts.

Default Workout 17 of 150 - Monday, 1/28

Workout 17 of 150 - Monday, 1/28
    - My form is much better than it was before seeing Coach Inman, but still not as good as while I was there.
    - Didn't hit depth on Squats again. I'll repeat the weight Wednesday and bring back my depth sensor. I'm so close to a bodyweight squat...
    - Deadlifts were weird today. The first four felt easy, then the last was a major, major grind. I probably did something wrong with my form on the last rep.
    - Going to sign up for SSOC club level. That probably means they're going to reset all my lifts and start a square one, but if they help fix my form, it's worth it.
    - Chins were done Sunday and not filmed.

Chins: (179.4 + 11.05) = 190.45x5x3
    Partial Squat: 175x5x3
    Bench: 155x5x3
    Deadlift: 265x5x1

Adam Levine on Instagram: “Workout 17 of 150 I'm probably going to sign up for @startingstrengthonlinecoaching, and when I do, they'll take over my programming and…”

Dude, congrats on the SSOC thing. I'm jealous! I hope to see you get way stronger here soon.

On deadlift, I think your issue on rep 5 (and I have this same problem, being more used to singles) is that the bar started father forward than for the others. You probably noticed it swing out on your left side.

Workout 18 of 150 - Tuesday, 1/29
    Okay, I totally buggered up this workout. It was the first workout assigned by SSOC, and they told me to do a set of five for each lift at my 8RM - just an easy workout so they could see my technique.

But, there's a polar vortex coming tomorrow (Wednesday) when I would normally work out, and my gym was going to be closed. So, I went in today, despite the fact I lifted yesterday and donated double red blood cells.

I used an internet calculator to find my 8RM, but these were NOT my 8RM today - they felt about as difficult as they were yesterday due to lack of recovery.

Squat: 160x5x1
    Press: 85x5x1
    Bench: 145x5x1
    Deadlift: 245x5x1

Adam Levine on Instagram: “Workout 18 of 150 I buggered up this workout. It was supposed to be an easy testing workout for @startingstrengthonlinecoaching, just do…”

Great job getting in there when you could due to and in spite of imperfect conditions. Maybe you didn't have 8 in you, but you had more than the 5 you did.

Looking at your squat and setup, in your shoes I'd try staring at the label on the bottom rear part of the rack to try and avoid looking in the mirror. Not sure it's the best place to look, but that's what I'd do.

Anyeay, looking forward to seeing your experience with SSOC.

The polar vortex is hitting Iowa pretty hard too. I have never in my 3 years at the University of Iowa heard of classes being canceled for any reason, but lo and behold, none tomorrow! Still gonna find a way to sneak into the university gym, though.

Quote Originally Posted by abg View Post
    Great job getting in there when you could due to and in spite of imperfect conditions. Maybe you didn't have 8 in you, but you had more than the 5 you did.
    That was my basic logic - I was pretty sure going to the gym was a bad idea from a training standpoint, but I can't give myself permission to miss workouts. It's a slippery slope.

100% attendance so far since Christmas. 3x/week, every week.

-->Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Levine View Post
    That was my basic logic - I was pretty sure going to the gym was a bad idea from a training standpoint, but I can't give myself permission to miss workouts. It's a slippery slope.

100% attendance so far since Christmas. 3x/week, every week.

-->Adam
    100% attendance is awesome. Showing up is most of the battle.

Default Workout 19 of 150 - Friday 2/1

starting strength coach development program
    Workout 19 of 150 - Friday 2/1
    As predicted, SSOC reset all of my lifts back to what I was doing about a month ago, so a *really* easy workout. I don't know if I should call this week 6 or week 1.

But, they didn't program chins. So I did them anyway, according to my old schedule. My SSOC Intern seems OK with that.

Chins: (181.8 + 10.25) = 192.05x5x1
    Squat: 145x5x3
    Chins: (181.8 + 10.25) = 192.05x5x1
    Press: 75x5x3
    Chins: (183.4 + 8.75) = 192.15x5x1
    Deadlift: 225x5x1

Adam Levine on Instagram: “Workout 19 of 150 Light and easy workout - @startingstrengthonlinecoaching Is starting me at a low weight, making the chart in Instagram…”

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast