starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting Dane

Default Starting Dane

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So I've decided to start logging my workouts, to maybe get some feedback and to keep track of my training.

Today was:

Squat

3 x 5 x 130

Bench:

3 x 5 x 90

Power clean:

5 x 3 x 60

So this was my first time introducing the power clean and thus beginning face 2 of SS. The weight was not the difficult part, the lift it self was. I will have to work hard on this one.

So back on track with my normal schedule with Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Squat:

3 x 5 x 132.5

Press:

3 x 5 x 50

Deadlift:

1 x 5 x 167.5

Oh, and everything is in kilos. Maybe I should translate all my weights to lbs in order to get it going in here?

Glad to have you along, sir.

Figured if you're a Dane that your log would be in Kg; still it's helpful to mark it. By the time this log gets to page 10 of responses it may have been forgotten. Not forgotten by you of course, but by those pesky Yanks reading it!

That sounds like a very good idea, thank you. I hope I can get this log to 10 pages, that would mean that my newfound hobby is still working out for me.

I really don't know if I overshot the weight on the power cleans. 60 kg compared to my deadlift weight should be okay and I got them up aswell, by maybe with some arm pull. I just think it's a weird lift, but hey first time for everything.

Power Cleans are beyond me. Have you thought about online coaching?

Sunday was clean practicing most of the day. I'm fortunate enough to train at home, so I loaded up a barbell with 40 kgs total and did a million hang cleans and cleans throughout the day. Looking forward to training the movement with some more weight today.

Todays session:

Squat:

3 x 5 x 135 kg - nice and easy

Bench:

3 x 5 x 92.5 kg - all reps were smooth

Pc:

5 x 3 x 62.5 - well, better than last time.

So, wow, life got in the way of my training. First my wife and kid got sick, so I was on house duty. Afterwards I got sick for a couple of days and then I had a general laziness issue coming back. Today I was on it again and I decided to continue straight on. It went quite okay.

Squat:

3 x 5 x 137.5 kg

Press:

3 x 5 x 52.5 kg

Deadlift:

1 x 5 x 170 kg

I think I'll try to reach 5 x 180 kg in deadlift before introducing the chinups, and thus reducing the deadlift frequency. Hopefully I can reach 5 x 190 kg on my NLP. I'm starting to prioritize the next things I'm going to buy for my homegym and trying to consider what to buy first since money is a bit tight for me the next couple of months. The things I think I need to buy are:

EZ-curl bar for LTE
    Beater bar for rack pulls and shrugs
    Chin belt for weighted chinups/dips
    2 x 20 kg cast iron plates

I think EZ-bar will be the first on, since I've read a couple of places that LTE is usually the first assistance exercise introduced in order to help the bench and press. I don't know how long I can continue to just deadlift in order to increase my deadlift, but if I go Texas Method I do start out with 90% of my 5RM. I now have plates up to 217.5 kg total including the barbell. So I don't know when to buy what, I would have liked it all right away. Maybe I can DIY a chinbelt just for the next couple of months.

starting strength coach development program
    Squat:

3 x 5 x 140

Bench Press:

3 x 5 x 95

Power clean:

5 x 3 x 65

All reps were hard, but manageable. If anyone reads this log, I would like some advice to my previous post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast