• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

Max there.

I live in Poland and here we go with my SS progress:

23 y.o, 5"10 132lb~ (now 150lb)

Basic Info's:
    *Lack of any gym/athletic training (except few months of running as highschooler and some light exercises at home push-ups etc.)
    *My friend showed me SS and aspires to become a coach, helps me a lot. He lives 3h~ from my place, so I record myself every training and send him videos + I review them myself.

Currently:
    *Started stretching seriously at February 2019.
    2 times per week classes and everyday at home.
    *Bcs of friend influence I discovered how awesome is gym and I love It! Started SS at 27 March 2019.
    *I eat 4500kcal and drink gallon of milk everyday. (Not since beginning, but after a few weeks of 2700~3000kcal what wasn't enough)

Exercises:
    Deadlift 40kg ---> 62,5kg (I managed to pull off my weight, what I had at beginning of the program. From terrible form, I have manageable. Nobody tell me anymore, that I make mistake and I see on my videos that It doesn't look bad. Friend said that the progress is clearly visible and I can keep going)

Squat 20kg ---> 45kg (My squats are deeper, but still have an issues cus of flat fleet. Got decent advice from dude on gym about mistake what I made, keep going.)

Bench Press 20kg ---> 42,5kg (Still each time increase a weight by +2.5kg. It starts to feel heavy, need to consider getting +0.5kg since gym doesn't have them)

Press 20kg ---> 30kg (It went up a bit. Still lowest results compared to the rest of exercises)

I am still pretty weak, but I am definitely stronger than at beginning. I have a legacy from my Grandfather what was awfuly strong, so I need to make good use of It!
    Last edited by Maxym; 05-08-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Welcome to the right place. As you eat properly and lift properly you will gain weight and strength. You may wish to video your lifts and post them in the technique section. I gather that you don't live in the states. We do have SS coaches outside of the states which you may want to consult with face to face. At least you may wish to check into online coaching. Best wishes and Happy Easter.

Welcome to the boards!

Keep posting your updates, and ask questions. There's a lot of knowledge on these forums.

You mention about the bench increases of 2.5kg being easy so far. Don't worry, that will end soon enough, enjoy it while you can! I went to 2.5# (so ~1.25kg) increases fairly soon, and now do 2# increases, and I'm probably even nearing the end of that. Worry more about your form, and keeping everything by-the-book. The increases will come. Just be patient, and keep at it!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Welcome to the right place. As you eat properly and lift properly you will gain weight and strength. You may wish to video your lifts and post them in the technique section. I gather that you don't live in the states. We do have SS coaches outside of the states which you may want to consult with face to face. At least you may wish to check into online coaching. Best wishes and Happy Easter.
    Thanks.
    I'm recording my videos since beginning. Definitely will link them to Techniques section.

I am poor student, so I cannot afford a coach atm. I am happy, that I have "free coaching" from my older friend, what tests things on me and other guys. (He is SS geek tbh. I watched all the videos regarding exercises, I review them almost every training and slowly read a book.)

Quote Originally Posted by SeanThornton View Post
    Welcome to the boards!

Keep posting your updates, and ask questions. There's a lot of knowledge on these forums.

You mention about the bench increases of 2.5kg being easy so far. Don't worry, that will end soon enough, enjoy it while you can! I went to 2.5# (so ~1.25kg) increases fairly soon, and now do 2# increases, and I'm probably even nearing the end of that. Worry more about your form, and keeping everything by-the-book. The increases will come. Just be patient, and keep at it!

Bob
    I would need to buy my own 0.5kg weights at some point. The lowest at my gym are 1.25kg.

I will keep It updated. For now I'm just editing main post, but I can add more replies if thats preferable way there.

starting strength coach development program
    People usually just add another post to the end of the thread, for updates.

For micro-loading, I bought this set from the guy who started this thread:
    Microplates for sale

Not very expensive at all, and enough plates to allow any kind of microloading. I have used most of them for the overhead press, where I only increase in 1# increments.