Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ed's SS training log

7/10/2019
    Weight: 203.6

Squat - 230 2x5
    Bench - 212.5 3x5
    PC - 130 5x3
    Chin Up - green band 9,6,5

The easy squat day felt pretty easy. Felt completely fresh for the bench. Last rep was a grind but I felt strong the entire way through and no discomfort coming off of the squat like what I sometimes feel following a heavy squat workout. Still think my power clean form sucks but I think I was doing a little better. I'm glad I seem to be adding reps on the chin up, so as long as I'm making progress that way I won't be too upset with it. Tentatively I've scheduled a session with a SS coach to get the form on my lifts look at while I'm out of town for my daughter's dance competition so maybe I'll get that power clean form corrected and identify if I have any other issues.

7/12/2019

Squat - 295 3x5
    Press - 140 4,4,4 2nd fail at this weight
    DL - 325 1x5

Squat went well with the exception of the wardrobe malfunction I had. I've had the shorts I was wearing since 2000. Never had a problem with them being too tight or anything. On my very last rep as I went down I heard a very audible "RIIIIIIIIIIIP!" and felt the shorts fan out around my ass as they split all the way up. Finished grinding out that rep, hoping no one had noticed, only to be greeted with about 10 women who had just finished a spin class walking through the weight area in various forms of snickering and outright laughing at me over in the squat rack. Luckily I had a set of sweat pants that I use for the deadlifts that I quickly threw on. The press was a spectacular fail, where I didn't even get 5 on the first set. I sure hope things improve over the weekend cause right now it looks like a deload may be in this lift's future. I was very happy with the deadlift. Felt strong. It was very hard but I felt like I could have had another 10 lbs on it, but I'm sticking with the plan.

7/15/2019

Squat - 300 3x5
    Bench 215 1x5, 205 2x5

Out of town for my daughter's dance competition. This gym had a squat rack but it was on that wasn't set up where you could bench. I did my squat workout, then since I had no one to spot and no safeties, I did a single heavy set of 5, and two back offs. The only set at my working weight was a nail biting grind. Considering this a fail for purposes of repeating this weight. Didn't have time for the power clean or chin ups due to morning schedule so got the two big lifts in and then ran back to the rental.

7/17/2019

Squat - 240 2x5
    Press - 140 4,4,4 *3rd fail at this weight
    DL - 330 1x5

Easy day on the squat felt easy. Pretty strong 3rd fail on the press. I'm going to deload 8%. I am very frustrated as I didn't hit 5 for any of the sets. I mean, I would consider moving to intermediate with a single heavy 5 and deloads, but if I don't even hit a single set of 5, then I'm not sure that even does anything. I guess I'll see when I come back around this weight coming off the deload. Deadlift felt relatively strong, but last rep was very tough as it felt like the belt was slipping but I'm not sure that it was. Either way, got the workout done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123