• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    8/2/2019

Squat - 320 1x4, 300 2x5 *2nd fail at this weight
    Bench - 220 5,5,4 *2nd fail at this weight
    PC - 85 5x3
    CU - Greenband 6,5,4

If this workout convinced me of anything, it's that even if I might have a little bit left in NLP, it isn't enough to matter so I'll be moving to 4-day split of HL so this may be my last log entry in this log. I thought the squat was going well my first two reps, 3rd got hard, 4th was a big grind, on the 5th I thought I was going to make it, got out of the hole and just about to quarter squat position and was digging deep to get the bar up but then started heading back down. Dropped 20 lbs to do some backoff sets to keep some volume but was really fried. Did not feel strong at 300 at that point. At all. Took a big break before starting bench, first set barely got 5th rep up, second set, I don't know how the 5th rep made it up, it was a special digging deep effort. Final set 4th rep was that same effort. I wanted to make 5 so I went for it, and didn't get the bar two inches over my chest when trying to press it back up and that was that. Powerclean I'm still working on trying to fix my arm pull but I think I'm abandoning ship and will go to something like RDL in my new program. Unless I'm getting coaching regularly I don't see how I'm going to fix that lift and I'm so light I'm getting absolutely nothing out of it. Chin Ups didn't really see any improvement but I'm not horrifically worried about that.

Well, it's been a good run. I wanted to get my squat closer to 350, wanted 225 on bench, and wanted 405 on deadlift, but came into it older. I'm looking forward to continuing to progress in my next chapter.

starting strength coach development program
    I've transitioned to intermediate. I'll be posting to my new log in the intermediate training log area here for the time being.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234