SS at 47, been out of training for 5 years SS at 47, been out of training for 5 years - Page 2

starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SS at 47, been out of training for 5 years

Session #17

Felt like shit today. Was on the road for my job yesterday, had a little lunch at Burger King prior to training and what happened? On the bowls for hours 2h after lunch. Fuck them chickenburgers... So I had to skip yesterday's training and went in today. Not enough food, not enough sleep, feeling dizzy. But what happened? I hit all my numbers and feel like a king now. That's Barbell Medicine, I guess.

Weights in Kg

7/5/19:
    SQ: 90x5x3
    Bench: 75x5x3
    DL: 130x5x1
    Last edited by Stefan Rott; 07-08-2019 at 05:41 AM.

Session #18

I fucked the dates up... Now it's correct again.
    The PC gets heavy, I guess I increased the weight too rapidly. Let's see how it works the next session, but if it feels like today, I'll have to reset to 60Kg again. Not a big deal, I was a bit too greedy I think.

Weights in Kg

7/8/19:
    SQ: 92,5x5x3
    Press: 52,5x5x3
    PC: 65x3x5
    Last edited by Stefan Rott; 07-08-2019 at 05:43 AM.

Session #19

Everything went good today, nothing to complain about. If someone told me 8 weeks ago that Id lift 135Kg today Id have called him crazy. But as Rip says: this shit just works.

Weights in Kg

7/10/19:
    SQ: 95x5x3
    Bench: 77,5x5x3
    DL: 135x5x1

Session #20

Why oh why don't I eat enough food sometimes? Yesterday I had so much action with the kids that I forgot to eat. Squats were all done but felt hard because I was so hungry and defo not fully recovered... Press was good, the PC was reset to 60Kg in order to correct my form and it went a lot better than the last PC session where I didn't jump hard enough and lost tightness while catching the bar. I will progress from here again.

Oh, and: I blew my pants. Dat ass and thighs are growing a LOT. Need some new pairs of more elastic pants...

There were moments today in which I thought about transitioning to phase 3, but nope, I won't. I will BBQ the whole weekend and get as much food in my body as I can. I have some numbers in my head before going p3, that's:

SQ110
    Bench85
    Press60
    DL150
    PC70

When I get this done, I transition, first thing will be microloading the press, SQ... maybe 110, maybe more before adding a light day. I'll add chins and alternate DL/PC, that will help with recovery, DL feels strong, so 150 will be doable. Bench still feels strong.

Todays Workout:

Weights in Kg

7/12/19:
    SQ: 97,5x5x3
    Press: 55x5x3
    PC: 60x3x5

Session #21

Round numbers, I love them... Everything was descent, as I said I BBQed the whole weekend and seemed to be recovered pretty good. Got a 4" belt on saturday, it helped me squatting today. Much better drive out of the hole.

Weights in Kg

7/15/19:
    SQ: 100x5x3
    Bench: 80x5x3
    DL: 140x5x1

Session #22

Missed my Wednesday due to activities with my family. We were out an about till late in the evening tue-thu, so I just skipped it... Today I was torn between repeating Mondays workout or to do what was planned. I decided for the latter, because I wanted to hit a BW squat.
    Squat was good, press feels a bit heavy, PCs were ok.
    But, guess what? I came home, put my self on the scale and: 104.5 Kg BW, 2kg more than last week. Fuck. So BW squat will happen next week. Interesting is that my waist shrinks, overall body fat drops and I gain weight.

Weights in Kg

7/19/19:
    SQ: 102,5x5x3
    Press: 57,5x5x3
    PC: 62,5x3x5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12