starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SS at 47, been out of training for 5 years

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Session #27

I have to get this "Phase 3" thing out of my mind. I know transitioning is not determined by numbers but by the ability to recover, but in my mind I have to transition because at my age recovery can be an issue. Can be. Although my sleep and my food intake are quite messy -I compensate that with lots of milk and oats and whey- I seem to recover pretty good.

Squats were good, bench solid as always, but I feared the DL. No reason for that, 155Kg (I didn't forget my chalk today...) flew up easily. I have no explanation for that but lifting being a mindgame. I want these lifts, even if I fear them, and I do them. Easy peasy. I know it will get very hard, but not now.

Weights in Kg

7/30/19:
    SQ: 115x5x3
    Bench: 87,5x5x3
    DL: 155x5x1

Session #28

I fucked up the press... 5/4/3@65Kg. I should have microloaded it at 60, so maybe I'll reset to that and go on with 1Kg increments. Squats were solid, PCs also. I had some stomach disease the last two days, so I wasn't at 100%, what may have affected the bad press, but I'll defo have to microload. Reset or not is in my inner discussion.

Weights in Kg

8/2/19:
    SQ: 117,5x5x3
    Press: 65x5/4/3
    PC: 65x3x5

Man, I became so fucking sick. Kind of virus, fever, puking and shitting all over. I felt so fucking week the last two weeks... Tomorrow or monday I'll go back to the gym, let's see at what weights I can pick up training again. Maybe 10%, maybe 15% off...

I recently missed 11 days, due to a back injury. Came back to a 10% deload, and that seemed to work pretty well.

Of course, as they say, YMMV.

Best of luck, and glad you're feeling better!

starting strength coach development program
    Nightmares over nightmares...
    Has anybody some knowledge about Levofloxacin, Cipro and stuff? I now have. Don't take it EVER!
    Maybe I can continue lifting next year, maybe not. We'll see.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123