starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SS at 47, been out of training for 5 years

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Session #17

Felt like shit today. Was on the road for my job yesterday, had a little lunch at Burger King prior to training and what happened? On the bowls for hours 2h after lunch. Fuck them chickenburgers... So I had to skip yesterday's training and went in today. Not enough food, not enough sleep, feeling dizzy. But what happened? I hit all my numbers and feel like a king now. That's Barbell Medicine, I guess.

Weights in Kg

7/5/19:
    SQ: 90x5x3
    Bench: 75x5x3
    DL: 130x5x1
    Last edited by Stefan Rott; 07-08-2019 at 05:41 AM.

Session #18

I fucked the dates up... Now it's correct again.
    The PC gets heavy, I guess I increased the weight too rapidly. Let's see how it works the next session, but if it feels like today, I'll have to reset to 60Kg again. Not a big deal, I was a bit too greedy I think.

Weights in Kg

7/8/19:
    SQ: 92,5x5x3
    Press: 52,5x5x3
    PC: 65x3x5
    Last edited by Stefan Rott; 07-08-2019 at 05:43 AM.

Session #19

Everything went good today, nothing to complain about. If someone told me 8 weeks ago that I‘d lift 135Kg today I‘d have called him crazy. But as Rip says: this shit just works.

Weights in Kg

7/10/19:
    SQ: 95x5x3
    Bench: 77,5x5x3
    DL: 135x5x1

Session #20

Why oh why don't I eat enough food sometimes? Yesterday I had so much action with the kids that I forgot to eat. Squats were all done but felt hard because I was so hungry and defo not fully recovered... Press was good, the PC was reset to 60Kg in order to correct my form and it went a lot better than the last PC session where I didn't jump hard enough and lost tightness while catching the bar. I will progress from here again.

Oh, and: I blew my pants. Dat ass and thighs are growing a LOT. Need some new pairs of more elastic pants...

There were moments today in which I thought about transitioning to phase 3, but nope, I won't. I will BBQ the whole weekend and get as much food in my body as I can. I have some numbers in my head before going p3, that's:

SQ110
    Bench85
    Press60
    DL150
    PC70

When I get this done, I transition, first thing will be microloading the press, SQ... maybe 110, maybe more before adding a light day. I'll add chins and alternate DL/PC, that will help with recovery, DL feels strong, so 150 will be doable. Bench still feels strong.

Todays Workout:

Weights in Kg

7/12/19:
    SQ: 97,5x5x3
    Press: 55x5x3
    PC: 60x3x5

Session #21

Round numbers, I love them... Everything was descent, as I said I BBQed the whole weekend and seemed to be recovered pretty good. Got a 4" belt on saturday, it helped me squatting today. Much better drive out of the hole.

Weights in Kg

7/15/19:
    SQ: 100x5x3
    Bench: 80x5x3
    DL: 140x5x1

Session #22

Missed my Wednesday due to activities with my family. We were out an about till late in the evening tue-thu, so I just skipped it... Today I was torn between repeating Mondays workout or to do what was planned. I decided for the latter, because I wanted to hit a BW squat.
    Squat was good, press feels a bit heavy, PCs were ok.
    But, guess what? I came home, put my self on the scale and: 104.5 Kg BW, 2kg more than last week. Fuck. So BW squat will happen next week. Interesting is that my waist shrinks, overall body fat drops and I gain weight.

Weights in Kg

7/19/19:
    SQ: 102,5x5x3
    Press: 57,5x5x3
    PC: 62,5x3x5

Session #23

Nothing to report, everythin went fine. Oh, wait. I hit that BW squat.

Weights in Kg

7/21/19:
    SQ: 105x5x3
    Bench: 82,5x5x3
    DL: 145x5x1

Session #24

Meh. I slept 3h last night, have a fucking huge workload in my job atm, therefore I had defo not enough time to eat. Fuck.
    Squats went pretty good, press reached one plate, but I had to skip the PCs due to time issues (I have to meet a customer in about 5 mins...). So I rushed through the squats and the presses and will fulfill the PCs tomorrow.
    Things will get better. As always. Or I'll get used to the circumstances and adapt to them. Lifting has to go on, life has to go on.

Btw: fuck. The press was awesome. If I were a RPE guy, I just would have quit after the last warmup set, but them 60Kg on the worksets felt absolutely solid.

Weights in Kg

7/24/19:
    SQ: 107,5x5x3
    Press: 60x5x3
    PC: -

Session #25

Forgot about the PCs I had to to yesterday and went drinking with an old friend in the evening... Shit happens. I'll continue on Monday with the planned workout.

Today went good, first set of squats was a little off with too much forward lean. It's so fucking hot atm that the cues don't move from the brain to the body. The other sets were fine, bench was solid. I forgot my liquid chalk so I struggled with the grip on the deadlift, but I managed to do it. Nice number, from 60Kg to 150 in 8 weeks is incredible for me. Love it.

Weights in Kg

7/26/19:
    SQ: 110x5x3
    Bench: 85x5x3
    DL: 150x5x1

starting strength coach development program
    Session #26

So far so good. The press was a fucking grind on the last rep today... I don't want to miss reps, so I microload from now on with 1Kg increments. Squats were fine, PC lacked some practice due to the missed ones last week, the last set was what I'd call very solid. I have to improve that. I nearly reached all my goals for transitioning to Phase 3, but I don't feel the need for all the lifts. Squats work fine, DL can be 155Kg next week, that's great. Bench is still solid. The press will transition, alternating DL/PC will be next, maybe next week, maybe the week after. The light day for squats is maybe 3-4 weeks ahead.
    Things work really good.

Weights in Kg

7/28/19:
    SQ: 112,5x5x3
    Press: 62,5x5x3
    PC: 62,5x3x5

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast