starting strength gym
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey to Get Stronger

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Another training session in the books. This one went well. I decided to go one more session without using a belt. I wanted to make sure that I got the breathing and bracing down well and Now I think I have it down. I did a better job of keeping tight with the squat and cutting them off a bit. I think I will start using a belt for my squats deads and presses next training session. It's better to introduce it sooner than later.

Squats 175x5x3
    Press 100x5x3
    Deadlift 225x5

Current bodyweight: 186lbs
    Last edited by yoyoswole; 07-29-2019 at 04:55 PM.

Wednesday's session was somewhat tough, but I got through it. Overall a good workout. Hit comeback PR's on squat, bench and clean.

Current bodyweight: 188lbs

Squat
    180x5x3

Bench
    160x5x3

Power Clean
    75x3x5

I decided to go without a belt again. I want to make sure I really get the breathing and bracing down before I use a belt. I'll probably go without for a few more sessions unless I really feel like I need it. I just don't want to use a belt as a crutch for not breathing and bracing correctly, although I think I have it down pretty good now. I'll start using a belt sooner than later.

Nice work!

Friday's workout is finished. Not a bad workout. Squats were a little rough. Now I'm definitely going to start using a belt monday. Presses were a little bit difficult, but I got through them. Deadlift felt good. I think it helps that I'm alternating with the clean now. It doesn't feel like it will be slowing down anytime soon.

Squat
    185x5x3

Press
    105x5x3

Deadlift
    230x5

Another step closer in my journey to get stronger. Started the week strong with a good monday workout. I realized once I got through the warmup sets for squats that I forgot to use a belt. I intended to use the belt on my last warmup sets so it wouldn't throw me off with my working sets. But that's ok. I went without a belt and it went just fine. I did a better job staying tight today and not going too deep. I'm damn proud with my improvement in my squat in less than a month. I've added about 100 pounds! Bench and cleans went well too.

Squat
    190x5x3

Bench
    165x5x3

Power Clean
    80x3x5

In all honesty, I think I can go a little longer with a belt. Of course, I'll play it by ear but I'm doing fine without it for now. Excited to do deads again on wednesday. Now that I've done my job in the gym, it's time to do my job outside the gym and eat a shit ton of food.

Oh yeah, almost forgot
    Bodyweight: 191 lbs

I have to use the scale at the gym so it might not be the best for accuracy, but I can see that my weight is trending upward which I want it to. A scale for at home might be a good investment so I can measure my weight in the morning.

Kind of a tough session today, but I got through it. I haven't been sleeping as well the last couple nights, I think that's the main reason. Hopefully I will get some good sleep the next couple of nights.

Squat
    195x5x3

Press
    110x5x3

Deadlift
    235x5

Squat 200x5x3
    Bench 170x5x3
    Power Clean 85x3x5
    BW: 193lbs

Just a side note: It's fascinating to realize that we have a coach in North Dakota and none on Florida. It shows how much N. Dakota has changed since Fracking. One report indicates that N. Dakota has the highest per capita income in the country. Do you live in N. Dakota.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Just a side note: It's fascinating to realize that we have a coach in North Dakota and none on Florida. It shows how much N. Dakota has changed since Fracking. One report indicates that N. Dakota has the highest per capita income in the country. Do you live in N. Dakota.
    No, I don't live in North Dakota. I live in the twin cities but that was the closest coach to me, so I just decided to go in for a one time form check. I would have thought there would be at least one coach in florida, that's very interesting.

As for my workout, I have been using a belt now, and I needed it today. Will likely microload with 2.5 lb jumps on my press next week.

Squat
    205x5x3

Press
    115x5x3

Deadlift
    240x5

starting strength coach development program
    Bodyweight: 196 lbs

Squat: 210x5x3

Bench: 175x5x3

Clean: 90x3x5

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast