Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey to Get Stronger

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Squat: 250x5x3

Bench: 195x5x3

Deadlift: 295x5

Hit a couple all time PR's today! I finally made it into the 300lb club with the deadlift. Looking forward to the 3 plate milestone! Also PR on bench.

Squat: 255x5x3

Bench: 197.5x5x3 PR

Deadlift: 300x5 PR

Squat: 260x5x3

Press: 130x5x3 PR

Clean: 90x3x5

PR'd on all lifts today. Squat matched a previous PR but this time form was much better. Broke 200 on bench! Deadlifted 305 to end the session. Can't wait to be hitting 3 plate deadlift soon! Squat is getting there too, I feel like I'm finally getting the form down.

Squat: 265x5x3 PR

Bench: 200x5x3 PR

Deadlift: 305x5 PR

Hit 275 for squat. A little more lower back than I want. Probably will do a little reset on monday. Didn't get to my working set on deadlift. I made it to my last warmup at 275 and it just didn't feel right. It was slow and my lower back was still fatigued from the squats. Resetting squat should help next week.

Squat 275x5x3 PR

Bench 202.5x5x3 PR

Well, I survived monday's workout. Not bad. Hit PR's on press and deadlift. Squat, I did a reset on. The reset certainly helped but I need to clean up the form still. I need to work on cutting off the depth because my tendency is to go too deep and not maintain the same tightness throughout the set. I'll work on that. Happy to finally be pressing 1 plate for work sets! Happy with deadlift as well and I am so close to 3 plates! The set wasn't glamorous but managed to get it done with pretty decent form.

Squat: 255x5x3 (Reset)

Press: 135x5x3 PR

Deadlift: 310x5 PR

Probably going to go in to advanced novice next workout for two reasons: the workouts are getting hard and I haven't been eating quite enough. I'm still gaining weight but it's been slow. I actually find that I am eating enough during the week, but then the weekend's festivities kind of throw me off. I need to work on being more disciplined on the weekend

I've gotta say, switching to advanced novice was the right choice. Felt good to do a light squat for once. Squats have been killing me as of late. This gave me a chance to squat with good technique and give me a bit of a break from squatting heavy. I hope to be well recovered when I return to heavy squatting on friday. Feeling weak in the chinups but it's the first time I've done it in a while, so I won't worry too much about that. I'll be eager to make some gains on that exercise.

Light Squat: 215x5x3

Bench: 205x5x3 PR

Chinups: 5, 4, 4

Friday workout in the books. The great thing about advanced novice programming is that I don't dread going to every workout now. Squats are feeling pretty good. I have some things to work on but overall doing a better job of not going to deep. The issue is grip because I noticed my hands and arms sliding up the bar a bit. I'll look to correct that.

Squat: 260x5x3

Press: 137.5x5x3 PR

Power clean: 100x3x5

Just had a session that didn't quite go how I planned but I feel alright about how things are going. I failed on the last rep of the last set on bench. That's ok. I will redo that weight next time and I should be able to get it.

Squat: 265x5x3

Bench: 207.5x5x2, 4

Chinups: 5, 4, 3

starting strength coach development program
    Big day today! Hit 2 PR's one on press and one on deadlift. Finally hoisted 3 plates off the floor!

Light Squat: 225x5x3

Press: 140x5x3 PR

Deadlift: 315x5 PR (Wasn't pretty but got it done. Barbell got a little forward of midfoot on 4th rep but overall, form was ok. Lower back feels good so that's a good sign)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast