starting strength gym

Thread: My progression log

Default My progression log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Ok so I thought I'd post some of my numbers since I just realized how far I've come in just about 6 weeks. Now I did start slow and have amended my workouts as I've progressed.
    Alittle about me at this time I'm 34yo 6'1 and approximately 305lbs.
    Lift: (start/current)
    Squat: 45/240
    Bench: 45/140
    Deadlift: 95/320
    Press: 45/100
    Clean: 45/85

Welcome. Are the top Squats, Benches, and Presses all 5 x 3? Are the Dead numbers 5 x 1?
    Good progress in any event. I don't know if you are interested in losing a little weight while gaining strength or not but if you are we have a helpful section on nutrition that may be of help.
    Keep up the good work.

Yeah squats bench press are 5x3 deadlifts are 5x1 and cleans are 3x5. Yeah weight loss is on my mind (always been over 200 since my teens (averaged 220ish then) but I know my current weight is a problem), I've noticed my clothes fitting different while staying at the same weight so my Hope is that the bit I have changed my diet so far will start becoming more noticeable.

Hi. I'm in a similar situation as yours, both in age and weight. I'm very much looking forward to you posting logs as you go forward.

Ok so nothing to incredible to report just kind of a side note for myself. So Aug 9th I finish my workout and notice my YMCA got a new sled style leg press so I figure why not I'll see what I can do, someone had left 298 on it so I started there, went for 10 reps both presses and heel raises. Felt pretty good so I kept adding 90lbs to it and repeated the same movements, til I ended up with a final of 5 rep's of presses only at 708lbs. I know that's not anything to be excited about but it made me feel good.

Also I am proud if myself for noticing and correcting a form issue with my squats. I found I was bending over excessively in the bottom and it was causing low back pain (well pain is a relative term, better description would be discomfort I guess) but I noticed if I raised my chest before going down I didn't bend over as far but still got to "depth" (below parallel not ATG) so now I feel better about my squats going forward.