Julie's LP Log Julie's LP Log - Page 3

starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Julie's LP Log

• texas seminar date
    • wichita falls texas march seminar date
    • woodmere new york april seminar date
    Julie sez: Thanks! Julie also sez, "Wait, you're logging me on SS?" Maybe she'll read her own log soon ... heh.

GSIP W6D2

Intensity Squat: 135x5 (5PR!)

Julie fought like hell for rep 5. We've been working on cutting some depth, since she has a tendency to "bury it" which gets her off-slot for hip drive. First four reps were well controlled, last rep got off-slot and she fought for a 6-second grinder.

Intensity Bench: 90x4x2 (4PR!) (V8 PR!)

Supposed to be a PR set of 5. When she bombed out on rep 5, I told her we'd wait 5 minutes and get in a double. Instead of a double, she did another clean set of 4. Mind-boggling that she had two of those in her, but hey. Netted her a new best-4, and a new Volume-8.

Intensity Deadlift: 185x3x2 (3PR!) (V6 PR!)

Told her, "You wanna do 3 sets of 5 at 170, or 2 sets of 3 at 185? She decided she'd rather do the higher intensity for fewer reps. Another 2 PRs out of it: Best-3, and best Volume-6.

Intensity Day result: 5 working sets, 5 PRs. Can't get any better than that.

1 set each at Geoffrey Bischoff on Instagram: “Red letter Intensity Day for Julie: Squat: 135x5 (5PR!) Bench: 90x4x2 (4PR, V8 PR!) Deadlift: 185x3x2 (3PR, V6 PR!) SDG. Julie's training…”

Dang, Julie is killing it! PRs for days!

With sets of deadlifts at 185 I predict she will be exceeding her 205 single by a good amount by year end. Keep it up 💪

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Anguyen View Post
    With sets of deadlifts at 185 I predict she will be exceeding her 205 single by a good amount by year end. Keep it up ��
    I'm super proud of her work ethic. We miss a lot of sessions due to life and kid stuff. I manage to get my sessions in pretty much always, since I have a mental map of gyms I can duck into all along my routes to and from work, and there's also a fully equipped black iron gym at the Army base that I can use.

GSIP W7: Not conducted due to family travel.

We're in California with my parents and the kids for vacation. I slipped away to Irvine twice to lift some short sessions, but Julie stayed back and went swimming with the kids. The time away may actually work in her favor next week. We'll see.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123