starting strength gym
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Killing Big Chris and creating Strong Chris

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    First day of training for the week. Feeling stronger and leander everytime I go into the gym right now.

Squat 240x5x3
    Press 125x5x3
    Deadlift 345x5
    BW: 320

Thanks Michael. I am still sticking with the deadlift and increasing. Before I broke my leg last year I was up to 585 and my goal is 600, I am hoping to get to that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Williams View Post
    Thanks Michael. I am still sticking with the deadlift and increasing. Before I broke my leg last year I was up to 585 and my goal is 600, I am hoping to get to that again.
    That is a lot of weight, you could deadlift me deadlifting my 1rm . Good luck on your way back up!

haha thats great. Thanks for the encouragement.

Strong work Chris. Be sure to get enough sleep. Something of my own Achilles. Also be wary of over training. This is a race we're in for the long term.

Still cruising through. Finished another week on the NLP and feel great. I was in Niagra Falls T/W/R and had to find a gym in the area to lift at but made it work. Still adding weight to each lift.
    Squat: 250x3x5
    Press: 130x3x5
    DL: 365x5
    BW:320 (this is the biggest win of the week. Spent 3 days enjoying Niagra and haning out, still managed to eat well and not gain)

No doubt it is a long race. I want to be stronger for longer. I'm following the NLP until the I cant add more weight to the lifts, which will or could happen quicker than many because I am also following two SS coaches advice with regards to nutrition and extra cardio for necessary weight loss.

Back at it after the weekend and man oh man do mondays feel good.

Squat: 260x3x5
    Bench: 220x3x5
    DL: 375x1x5
    BW: 320 and holding fast. That was one of the biggest surprises coming back from a 3 day trip to Niagara. The intermittent and extended fasting is definitely helping.

Two things: Back was tweaked after Monday’s pulls on dead’s but I decided after watching the “Back Tweak” video and “Valsalva” that I just was uncomfortable and not injured and that was a result of getting sloppy/lazy on Monday. I went ahead and took my increase and it felt fine. Also, a shot of Bourbon in the coffee goes a long way! (Bulleit, if you want to know)

Squat: 270x5x3
    Press: 135x5x3
    DL: 385x1x5
    BW: 320

Trying to maintain the caloric deficit by intermittent and extended fasting but I find myself ravenous after I lift, might need to change up the feeding window from afternoon to morning so I can eat after lifting.

starting strength coach development program
    Today the program introduced power cleans and prompted me to add chins as well. I’m freaking 320#... chins, ha. I guess I will modify some sort of pull to make it work.

Squat 280x5x3
    Bench 225x5x3
    Power Clean 135x3x5
    Chins (supine pull downs) 135x12x3
    Weighted sit-ups 10x3
    Back Extensions 10x3

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast