Brom's Log - Beginner Linear Progression Brom's Log - Beginner Linear Progression

starting strength gym

Thread: Brom's Log - Beginner Linear Progression

Post Brom's Log - Beginner Linear Progression

• phoenix arizona seminar date
    • texas seminar date
    Hey all, my name is Matt and welcome to my beginner linear progression log.

Height: 5'6" (170cm)
    Weight: 160lbs (72.5kgs)

I have zero experience in weight lifting but a friend of mine who is also doing the Starting Strength program has introduced me to this program and is coaching me through it and I am 100% committed to making this work for me. My goal with the program is to add on at least 20lbs and in general, be stronger and healthier.

I am currently using my friends home gym setup for my workouts but I have also taken the plunge and have purchased all the necessary equipment to get me started on my own, however it will not be set up for a couple weeks still. I am 6 sessions in so far and have been loving it. I feel excited the day of workouts to get lifting and to add to my progression. My forms are nowhere near perfect but I have been watching lots of videos and reading up on these forums to help with that. I started my workouts at minimal weight due to my lack of experience with lifting and my size being small but I am feeling good so far with no major pain issues.

The 6 workouts I have done so far are as follows:

9/25/2019
    Squat: 45 x 5 x 3
    Bench: 45 x 5 x 3
    Deadlift: 65 x 5

9/28/2019
    Squat: 55 x 5 x 3
    Bench: 55 x 5 x 3
    Deadlift: 80 x 5

9/30/2019
    Squat: 65 x 5 x 3
    Bench: 65 x 5 x 3
    Deadlift: 95 x 5

10/02/2019
    Squat: 80 x 5 x 3
    Bench: 75 x 5 x 3
    Deadlift: 110 x 5

10/05/2019
    Squat: 95 x 5 x 3
    Bench: 80 x 5 x 3
    Deadlift: 125 x 5

10/07/2019
    Squat: 105 x 5 x 3
    Bench: 85 x 5 x 3
    Deadlift: 135 x 5

The weights are starting to feel heavy but I am still managing with not too much slowing down on the reputations. In the 2 weeks I've been on the program I have had 0 weight gain but have overall felt better with my body with no visible gains. I have been doing my best in eating more and have been getting in my daily protein so hopefully I will soon see some improvement.

Thank you for checking out my log and please feel free to comment with any tips or advice you may have for me and I will make sure to also check out your own logs.

10/09/2019
    Squat: 115 x 5 x 3
    Bench: 90 x 5 x 3
    Deadlift: 145 x 5

Great work buddy!
    Iím a little biased as your training partner but youíve been killing it with your commitment and drive to get stronger.

Welcome! any reason you are not rotating between bench and press each session?

10/12/2019
    Squat: 125 x 5 x 3
    Bench: 95 x 5 x 3
    Deadlift: 155 x 5

The squat and bench are feeling really heavy at these weights. I finally had met some resistance doing these lifts so will be going with 5 pound increments going forward for both these lifts. Deadlift still felt good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared_T View Post
    Great work buddy!
    I’m a little biased as your training partner but you’ve been killing it with your commitment and drive to get stronger.
    Thanks for the encouraging words Jared!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post
    Welcome! any reason you are not rotating between bench and press each session?
    Hi Michael, thanks for checking my log. I hadn't learned the proper press form to begin but I have now and will be alternating these going forward now.

starting strength nutrition camp
    10/15/2019
    Squat: 130 x 5 x 3
    Press: 55 x 5 x 3
    Deadlift: 165 x 5