starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NLP (Part Deux)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Still at it and closing in on my highest strength numbers. I'm still on and NLP and may never leave. Just need to bring my press up another 10# and I'm at all my personal best at the same time. My overall energy for all the lifts are way up, no real feeling of fatigue, which is more important to me than my numbers. Hiking season is coming!

Bench PR 230# 3x5
    Squat 300# 3x5
    DL 400# 1x5

Got a new implement today. Got a Shoulderok. Worked on it enough to make my abs sore. Went to bench press and had a hard time sitting up.

Bench 215x3x5

Shoulderok +5#

I'll try anything to rehab the shoulder.
    Last edited by Matthew Spicka; 06-08-2021 at 07:05 AM.

Shoulderok is rockin'! I've used it everyday and been able to use 12.5# for 60 swings a day. My shoulder has stopped aching. Some mild pain but when I wake up I have no pain and can move my arm without pain.

Just pressed a PR 165# 3x5.

And all that while starving myself to lose weight. Down to 221#.

Bench press today... 235 2x5 and 1x6. This is a PR.

I should really get back at the program soon... Now that my shoulder is on the mend. I can bench and I can press and I'm not in shoulder pain in the mornings and evening.

What I find amusing is that Im not doing the program. I'm hardly eating, because I want to lose some weight and I am still adding weight to the press and bench.

I think my not eating, squating and dead lifting would suck the life out of me. But it's not affecting my pressing.

I'll be out of town next week and will start another training cycle when I get back. My goals are now with reach.

Props again to Chris Duffin and the Shoulderok, it has changed everything for me.

Bench press day!

240# 3x5

Nothing else to say... going for a run now.

First day back since my trip. Second work out, I did a warmup on Saturday.

Bench 225# 3x5 with the Kabuki bar.
    Squat 245x 3x5

I'm also still working with the Shoulderök before and after benchpress. Shoulder is still on the mend and getting better.

What I am doing now is my pressing before squats. I start with the shoulderok 25 to 30 reps each side. Then press then squat. Today I'm able to get my thumbs on the 34" rings, which is narrower than usual and it feels tighter overall.

Press 155# 2x5, 1x6
    Squat 265# 3x5
    DL 315# 1x5
    Last edited by Matthew Spicka; 06-29-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Benched yesterday 230# 3x5

Today
    Squat 275# 3x5
    Chins warmup, 5, 6, 7

Just starting back up on the chins. Felt good. Squat and bench are good, nothing to report. Though I am no not super insightful about my lifts. I just grind them out, always trying for slow decents. I pause the bench and bounce the squat.

Today I am leaving the NLP for a 10-week intermediate 4 day program, that I purchased on Andy Baker's site.

I think I've done the NLP enough. Work weight volume was 13k today and did a few excersizes I've never done before.

starting strength coach development program
    Good progress. I seem to remember your earlier venture. Did you do LP a few years ago and report your gains here? If so, it's good to see you back at it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast