starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: biggah traps returning to the gym after being put under house arrest by an obese turk

Default biggah traps returning to the gym after being put under house arrest by an obese turk

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    1.78 metres, 72 kg, male. first day back decided to run starting strength as absolutely written.

Squats: 70 kg 3 sets of 5
    felt easy but bar speed began to decrease. adductors are screaming rn

OHP: 35 kg 3 sets of 5
    not even sure bar speed decreased here - sets 2 and 3 felt like i was throwing the bar in the air. gonna take a 5kg jump or two here

Deadlift: 90 kg set of 5 DOH grip
    literally a gentle warm up for my upper back and grip, but legs were feeling it a bit. held the last rep for 10 seconds at the top and felt literally nothing in my fingers or forearms

did 2 dead hang chin ups just to check that the gym has somewhere to do them

You are a bit on the light side but if you keep to the standards for eating including 1 g. protein for each pound of weight desired which should be 190 lbs. Then you should eat 190 g. of protein per day.

Best wishes.

Squats: 75 kg 3 sets of 5
    legit getting depth is harder than standing up back again. legs feel LESS sore after the workout than before

Bench: 55 kg 3 sets of 5
    started light to make sure my horrendous bench technique gets better. spent sets 1 and 2 getting the spot right, set 3 was perfectly grooved. 5 kg jump or two here

Deadlift: 100 kg set of 5 DOH
    easy. another 10 kg jump next time

edited: just found out the obese turk that put me under house arrest is also a 5'6 midget who claims to be 5'10. manlets when will they learn get back in the pit
    Last edited by biggah_traps; 07-27-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Squats: 80 kg 3 sets of 5
    DOMs are totally gone and this wasn't that difficult. but i literally hit a different depth on each rep, varying from parallel to way past the SS approved point

OHP: 40 kg 3 sets of 5
    very easy and fast. did sets 1 and 2 on one breath, reset between every rep on 3rd set to make sure my technique was spot on. another 5kg jump is tempting

Deadlift: 110 kg set of 5
    went to mixed grip just in case. all the reps were smooth and fast, but this actually FELT difficult unlike the last two times. gonna go down to 5kg jumps here - pre-lockdown PB was 140 kg for 5 at like 76 kg so hoping to get a nice bit of a PB on this progression

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    You are a bit on the light side but if you keep to the standards for eating including 1 g. protein for each pound of weight desired which should be 190 lbs. Then you should eat 190 g. of protein per day.

Best wishes.

thanks.

i was doing GSLP and weighed 77 kg before the lockdown, i'll try to bulk to 80 kg if my lifts justify it (60 kg working sets on OHP, 160 kg on deadlift, something non-embarrassing on my bench now my technique is sorted, a set of squats with any weight where each of my reps has the correct depths lol)

context:
    before lockdown I was 76-77 kg, doing GSLP, with these working sets:

OHP: 53.5 kg 5, 5, 3
    Bench: 71.5 kg 5, 5, 5 (lol i know)
    Deadlift: 140 kg 5
    Chin up: +15 kg 5, 5, 5
    Squat: i have yet to perform a set of 5 squats all to correct depths. working sets kept on oscillating from 90 kg to 110 kg, but the heavier sets were basically all parallel

real massive weed n booze hangover today

Squat: 85 kg 3 sets of 5
    finally got depth on all reps, but ripped my shorts during warm up. very slight knee cave on first rep of each set before i remember to shove knees out. 2.5 kg or 5 kg jump?

Bench: 60 kg 3 sets of 5
    weight felt light and moved quickly but my technique was all over the place. i just can't remember to hold an arch or where to touch the bar. 2.5 kg jump next time

Deadlift: 115 kg set of 5
    felt identical to last time - hard in the way all deadlifts inherently are, but smooth and quick. 5 kg jumps should last a bit here

Squat: 87.5 kg 3 sets of 5
    went down to 2.5 kg jumps. stretch reflex was spot on and weight felt lighter than last time. 2.5 kg jumps until start of sept will get me a 120 kg 3 sets of squat

OHP: 45 kg 3 sets of 5
    yes 5 kg jumps lasted longer on the ohp than on the squat or on the bench. smooth and fast, but going down to 2.5 kg jumps now

Deadlift: 120 kg set of 5
    last two reps were work to get past the knee but all flew up to lockout once they got there. 5 kg jump next time and then i'll start rotating with SOMETHING ELSE. SOMETHING ELSE will probe be weighted chin ups and power cleans in the same session as they're distinctly different kinds of pulls so shouldn't interfere with each other

Squat: 90 kg 3 sets of 5
    weight felt identical to last time, linear progression is working

Bench: 62.5 kg 3 sets of 5
    got my arch and bar path better this time. felt very solid

Deadlift: 125 kg set of 5
    the last rep of this set was the first legitimately hard rep on this LP. decision to start alternating is defo the right one.

bodyweight after training was........72kg. on the upside, this means i have plenty of room to improve my lifts by eating. on the downside, means i haven't been eating enough. i guess my 20-something metabolism requires mcdonalds and pizza to get the needle moving

starting strength coach development program
    Bw after training / before eating: 72 kg
    this is unacceptable

Squat: 92.5 kg 3 sets of 5
    weight felt identical to last time, linear progression is working

OHP: 47.5 kg 3 sets of 5
    some effort but all went up smoothly. only last rep of last set involved a grind and that's cos i forgot to breathe during the set. one more 2.5 kg jump i think

Hang power clean: 40 kg 3 sets of 3
    practising the second pull. waaayyyyyy too much arm pull

Chin ups: 77 kg (72 + 5) 3 sets of 5
    dead hang to chest touching bar. there's a pad thing which prevents kipping but also kinda gets in the way of the proper shoulders back ROM on the chin up

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast