An odd but successful day of training. During my third OHP attempt I failed to secure the last rep, but during that rep I felt a weird shift forward that I didn't on my previous reps. Upon reflection I felt that the issue was not of strength but slacking on form, so I rested and set up for a fourth set. On this extra set I secured all 5 reps without great difficulty, I am going to continue forward while keeping myself stricter to form going forward. Deadlift was a success this time, I was able to lock out and hold the bar without my grip slipping, so I will continue forward. I do not know if increasing my calories did the trick or if Monday was just a bad day, but I will keep eating at maintainence until Monday when I check the scale.

Warm-up sets before each top set: empty bar 2x5 (135 lbs 1x5 for deadlifts), ~40%x5, ~60%x3, ~80x2
Squat: 240x5x3
OHP: 110x5x3* (re-attempted 3d set due to suspicions of slacking form, succeeded on the re-attempt)
Deadlift: 320x5
It was 98 degrees and 58% humidity today. Fuck conditioning today, I'm just going for a night walk.

Side note: I managed to score some cast iron 45s today and a proper flat bench. No more using a bunch of 10s to get above 315 and no more getting my fat ass wedged into the gap of my current cheapo adjustable bench.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisRatzloff View Post
Numbers are moving up! Keep at it.
Thank you!