starting strength gym
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Norse God of Butter

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Weighed in at 325 this morning. So that's 20 lbs down and counting. My belly is starting to get wrinkly. Didn't feel sick at all the last 2 days.

Squat:
    45x5
    80x5
    120x3
    160x2
    205x5x3

Bench:
    45x5
    95x5
    135x3
    175x2
    192.5x5 192.5x5 192.5x4

Barely missed my last rep, but couldn't lock it out.

Deadlift
    135x5
    155x3
    225x2
    265x5

I was gassed after the 3rd rep, had to grind the last 2 out. I think I'm just not eating enough to get through a full session now that the squats have gotten heavy for me. I'm exactly 1/3rd of the way toward the arbitrary weight goal I set for reassessing my macros, so there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

good stuff, keep plugging along. stalls get frustrating, man i know it

I have managed to injure myself. My biceps and calves were sore after Tuesday's session and on Weds. I had to replace my washing machine and I really messed up my right biceps doing it. I couldn't sleep without taking ibuprofen for the last 3 days and it felt tender to the touch, but the pain was in the muscle belly, so I figured I'd skip Thursday's session and pick back up today.

Squats:
    45x5
    85x5
    135x3
    175x2
    215x5x3

Squats now demand total concentration.

Press:
    45x5
    70x5
    100x3
    120x2

Last warmup rep I reinjured my biceps. It felt like I got stabbed right in the middle of the muscle belly and I'm in a lot of pain right now. If anyone has any recovery or rehab pointers, I'm all ears. Well the parts that aren't blubber are all ears, at any rate.
    Last edited by Lardo McFatterson; 10-10-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lardo McFatterson View Post
    Last warmup rep I reinjured my biceps. It felt like I got stabbed right in the middle of the muscle belly and I'm in a lot of pain right now.
    I injured my right bicep arm wrestling a couple of years ago. It interfered with my bench during a workout, and if I was pressing that day I doubt I could have done that either.

Injuries suck. At least you can still squat. If your bicep permits you to deadlift, I definitely would not supinate the grip- I think straps would be a good idea. Maybe check out what others have done with similar injuries here? I wish you the best.

Do you see anything like a black and blue in the bicep area? You may have a tear. Do a search for the Bill Starr rehab method.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Do you see anything like a black and blue in the bicep area? You may have a tear. Do a search for the Bill Starr rehab method.
    Thanks. No discoloration, but I've got a lot of subcutaneous fat on my upper arms. There's a a moderate amount of swelling, it's tender to the touch and the pain is in a very specific place in the long head a little below the middle of the muscle. I guess I'm going to wait for the pain to blur and start rehabbing with curls every day.

Bill Starr method is light sets of 25 reps.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Bill Starr method is light sets of 25 reps.
    This is what I found by searching and I listened to the Ask Rip episode on the topic. So I'm going give it a try starting tomorrow. Whatever I did to it last night doesn't seem to have been that serious, it's already less painful than it was on Friday, so I think tomorrow will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lardo McFatterson View Post
    This is what I found by searching and I listened to the Ask Rip episode on the topic. So I'm going give it a try starting tomorrow. Whatever I did to it last night doesn't seem to have been that serious, it's already less painful than it was on Friday, so I think tomorrow will be good.
    Well forget tomorrow, I just did 25 x 50 lb barbell curls and it feels good, now the whole area is sore instead of really painful just in one small spot.

starting strength coach development program
    I know the feeling. Great description.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast