Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Legit Linear Progression

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Squat - 144kg - YouTube
    Press - 64kg - YouTube
    Power Clean - 75kg - YouTube

Squats were heavy, but manageable. My low back has been feeling very fatigued, I think I pulled my deadlift with a rounded low back on the last rep, but I trained through it and it was ok.
    Press was good
    Power cleans went up to 75kg instead of 72kg because Rip said they looked light at 70kg. He suggested 90kg, but I definetely couldn't do such a big jump, but I am getting there. Technique wasn't perfectly consistent but the load didn't feel too heavy.

Rest was around 10' for squats, 7' for presses and 5/6' on cleans

I've started taking a vitamin C/D/Zinc supplement on a daily basis (1000mg vit.C+2000UI vit.D+10mg Zinc)
    Plus 10g of creatine on workout days
    Bodyweight is still around 94kg

Squat - 146kg - YouTube
    Press - 65kg - YouTube
    Deadlift - 160kg - YouTube

Squats were ok, rest is about 10 minutes
    Press was great, rest was only about 6 minutes
    Deadlift PR was great, better control of the low back than last time.

I had to change my schedule again because monday is a holiday and I was supposed to go to the public gym but it will be closed. So basically I did the Press again today, I will bench and do chin-ups on monday in my garage gym, so that on wednesday I will be able to do presses and cleans in the public gym and then go back to the regular program

nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    nicely done!
    Thanks!

and also nicely done on how you've progressed over-all. Look at the change in that scrawny kid in the first video you posted to the one in the video now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    and also nicely done on how you've progressed over-all. Look at the change in that scrawny kid in the first video you posted to the one in the video now.
    Thank you! I know I could've made this progress in a much much shorter time, but I learned a lot of lessons along the way, and I know that there is room for a lot more progress so I can't wait!

Squat - 148kg - YouTube
    Bench Press - 92kg - YouTube
    Chin-ups 3x5,5,5

Squats felt heavy during the warm-up, but I didn't pussy out and dis the first set, and they were fine. Heavy, but fine. I'm probably gonna put a light squat on wednesday very soon.
    Bench was ok, heavier than I thought. I tried 93kg at first and only did 4 reps, so I went down to 92kg. Unracking the bar didn't seem too much of a problem.
    Chin-ups were only 5. I haven't done them in a while, my rack is short, the knurling is rough and I'm heavier than I used to be. Good starting point I guess.
    I'm probably gonna do 2 more weeks of alternating cleans and deadlifts, and then add chin-ups.
    No creatine today.
    Bodyweight still 94kg

Squat - 150kg - YouTube
    Press - 66kg - YouTube
    Power Clean - 80kg - YouTube

Squats felt heavy enough and correct, rest was about 10'
    Press felt great, rest was around 6/7'
    I tried to jump to 80kg on the power cleans because of Rip's comment on my form check. Technique was a little off, but it looks better than it felt. I have to learn to squat down a little more by widening my stance after jumping, in order to catch the bar better, I'll work on it. I actually did a few reps with a lighter weight after the last set just to try it out.

Bodyweight this morning was 93,5kg
    Still no creatine, but I did add some maltodextrins to my water.
    I keep feeling like I don't need that donut around my waist to keep going, since I'm not lifting THAT heavy and I'm already heavy enough. So I'm trying to cut back on creatine until it becomes necessary to use it, and trying to maintain my diet while increasing my physical activity during the day. That way I hope to slowly lose a little bit of weight as I gain strength and muscle, and get a better physique out of it. So it's not really a "cut".

Squat - 151kg - YouTube
    Bench Press - 93kg 3x5,4,3
    Deadlift - 162,5kg (4+1) - YouTube

Squat went up by 1kg only, starting to get heavy but not impossible, will try 152kg on Monday and probably add a light day on wednesday and go back to 2kg increments. I'm probably gonna start alternating light/heavy days right away, in order to give the other lifts a chance to keep going up. It's still a 12kg increase every 4 weeks, so i'm happy with that.

Bench was not ok, I just can't get the position right for some reason, it doesn't feel like I am in the right spot and my scapulas are flat against the bench, although I am doing it the same way I've always have. Mabye my bench is too narrow/shitty?
    Mabye it's just too heavy, I will try a small deload and go down to 88kg, and see how that goes. If I still hit a plateau at 93kg, I'm just gonna start doing sets of 3.
    Deadlift was heavy, hook grip didn't hurt as much, I managed to get that 5th rep in anyway. I'll wear straps on the next session and see how it goes. If it's still heavy, then it's time to add chin-ups.

Bodyweight is still 94kg, still no creatine, maltodextrins during the workout.

starting strength coach development program
    Squat - 152kg - YouTube
    Press - 67kg - YouTube
    Power Clean - 70kg

Squats were heavy but ok, still gonna put it that light day in wednesday and keep my increments at 2kg.

Press was fine, lost my mid-foot on a couple reps but overall ok.

Clean at 80kg was impossible, I guess I was too tired/underfed, although I did do 80kg last time. So I went down to 70kg and managed to practice squatting down a little bit and put in my 5 sets. Also I didn't rest as much, so I feel like I got enough stress in. I'll do 75kg next time.

Bodyweight still 94kg

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast