Thread: Legit Linear Progression

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Squat 125kg
    Bench Press 88kg
    Deadlift - 165kg - YouTube

First light squat day, rest was 3/4' between sets
    Bench was ok, I still have a little bit of pain on my left shoulder from the previous bench workout.
    Deadlift was way better than last time, I was able to put 2.5kg on the bar and finish all 5 reps with no problem, I guess I'll keep going.
    Bodyweight was 93.5kg
    Still no creatine

Squat - 154kg - YouTube
    Press - 68kg - YouTube
    Power Clean - 75kg - YouTube

Squats were ok, rest was 10 minutes
    Press was a grinder on the 5th rep of the first set, and then I had to do multiple sets to get to 15 reps. I haven't been gaining any weight and I was in a hurry so I didn't rest as much as I should've. This probably played a factor. So I did 5,4,4,3. I'm using Delgadillo's program.
    Power cleans were light, technique was better and I didn't even rest a lot during sets, even tho I was sweaty and tired. So I'm gonna try 80kg next time.

Haven't weighted myself but I'm guessing it's always around 93,5kg

Light Squat - 127,5kg
    Bench Press - 90kg
    Deadlift - 167,5kg (3+2)

Squats were ok, mabye rested too little between sets
    Bench was better because my brother was there to help me unrack, still have that pain in the front of my left shoulder though. Rested too much between sets, messing around with my brother.
    Deadlifts were heavy, probably wasn't focused enough and haven't been eating enough in the weekend. Hook grip hurt, I did 3 reps with an alternate and after a 1 minute rest I managed to do another 2 reps. I'll try to eat well this week and try 170kg with straps on on Friday. If I still miss reps then I know it's too heavy.
    I also went for a short run afterwards, I was a little stressed out.
    Bodyweight was 94kg, apparently I can't manage to lose weight, although I do feel better.
    Still no creatine and also no maltodextrins today

Squat - 156kg - YouTube
    Press - 69kg - 3x4,4,4,3
    Power Clean - FAIL

Squats were heavy but technique was still good
    Press was heavy so I stuck with the 15 rep total program
    Power cleans felt like shit for some reason. Warm-ups were good, but when I got to 80kg everything crumbled. I tried lowering to 75kg but apperently I just forgot how to power clean today. It's weird cause I'm not even tired. I did some chin-ups instead.
    Sorry Rip, I couldn't take big jumps to get to 90kg. I guess I misinterpreted your comment, if I had gone up 2kg at a time like I was doing I would be at 80kg right now and probably have more confidence in the lift.

No creatine, yes maltodextrins
    Bodyweight 93.1kg

Squat - 130kg
    Bench Press - 91kg - YouTube
    Deadlift - 170kg w/straps - FAIL

Squats were ok
    Bench was fine, hopefully I can keep going with 1kg increments
    Deadlift was heavy in spite of the straps. Seems like my pulling exercises have been declining pretty fast. I don't necessarily attribute that do bodyweight, since today I was 93.6kg, so basically I'm not losing much. It's probably something else. I mean I pulled 165kg with a hook grip without too much trouble, and now I can't do 5 more kilos with straps on? Seems weird
    I did 5 reps with 150kg just to do some pulling anyway.

Starting next week I'll go back to creatine everyday, and mabye eat a little bit more carbs or proteins, and see how that goes. I'll go back down to 165kg on the deadlift and 74kg on the power clean. I feel like it's not time to put chin-ups in yet.

Squat - 158kg - 3x4+1 - YouTube
    Press - 70kg - 5x3 - YouTube
    Power Clean - 75kg

Squats were heavy but technique was on point. I wasn't able to do 5 reps in a row, but i managed to do 4+1 for 3 sets. Starting from saturday I will do 1 heavy set and then 2 back-off sets.
    Press was heavy, I did 3 reps on my first set so I decided to switch to 5 sets of 3, instead of 15 reps total.
    Power Clean was fine, I will do 77,5kg on saturday
    I skipped a day because I travelled during the weekend and came back on monday really tired and unfed, so it wasn't worth it to try and train; I will do Tue-Thu-Sat.
    Took 10g of creatine, no maltodextrins.

Bodyweight was 94kg

Squat - 132kg
    Bench Press - 92kg
    Deadlift - 170kg (4+1) - YouTube

Squats were ok
    Bench got heavy on the 3rd set even after taking long enough rest in between, but at least I did it.
    I decided to try deadlifting 170kg again, just to make sure I couldn't do it. I used the hook grip on all five of my warm-ups to get my thumb used to the discomfort, chalked up and went for it, I managed to do 4+1 reps. Definetely an improvement from last week where I only did 2 shitty reps.

Bodyweight is 93kg

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    It looks like the depth is starting to suffer. Impeccable form otherwise, but reps 3-5 were too high. 1-2 were spot on. Keep killin it man!

Thanks Roy, I think my form got better in the subsequent workouts.

Squat - 160kg (2+3)/141kgx2x5
    Press - 71kg (3,3,3,2+1,2)
    Power Clean - 77kg - FAIL

So today was a shitty day.
    I don't why, since I got a really good night's sleep, I'm taking creatine, bodyweight is not going down (93,5kg), I'm eating as usual.

Squat was heavy, form was ok, but I had to do 5 reps in two seperate attempts.
    I was supposed to do 2 back-off sets with 144kg, but the microplates were being used so I could only do 141kg.
    Press was heavy, I did 2+1 on the 4th set and failed the 3rd rep on the last set.
    I felt very tired for the power clean so I managed to get 1 set in and then failed my 2nd.
    I decided to call it a day, go home, eat more and get some rest.
    Hopefully next week it'll be better, but I might just be at the end of my novice phase as far as the squat, deadlift and press are concerned. It seems like I can't really make progress every workout anymore. And I don't wanna gain an extra 20lbs just to push my novice phase a little further. I know I would get a lot of useless fat in as well. I wanna learn to manage my nutrition so that I optimize the muscle growth.
    I feel like 345lbs for 3 sets of 5 on the squat, 375lbs for 5 reps on the deadlift, and 155lbs for 15 reps total on the press, are good numbers for the end of the novice phase.
    My bench and power clean can definetely keep improving for a while.
    I'd like to get my bench to 220lbs for 3 sets of 5.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

starting strength coach development program
    Squat - 132
    Bench Press - 93kg - YouTube
    Deadlift - 172,5kg - YouTube

Great day today!
    Bench was fine, I realized I create too big of a moment arm when I descend, although I think about going "straight down". Still, this is a PR.
    Deadlift was surprisingly better than last time! Hook grip didn't hurt and I managed to do all 5 reps (last one mabye not 100% finished but still counts to me).
    Bodyweight was 94kg, so I guess it went up a little bit.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast