starting strength gym
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Legit Linear Progression

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    I guess my body forgets how to be strong pretty fast.
    DUDE

wait until you hit your late 50s lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    DUDE

wait until you hit your late 50s lol
    Hopefully by then TRT and other methods will be so mainstream it won't be a big deal lol

Squat - 150kg - YouTube
    Press - 64kg - YouTube
    Clean - 70kg - YouTube

SQUAT: So, gym environment is not the best, but it'll do.
    I squatted in front of the mirror before I realized the crossfit racks also had safety pins, so I'll squat there from now on, although the mirror didn't bother me that much.
    Rest for squats was 5'

PRESS:I switched to the crossfit part of the room for the Press, because the mirror was throwing me off, although technique looked fine. I had to deload more than I thought, which means I certainly lost some weight. Prices in Albania have skyrocketed, so it'll be harder than I thought to buy enough groceries.
    Rest for presses was 5/6'

CLEAN: Gym doesn't have bumper plates, so I had to warm up from the top down until I reached 60kg.
    I only did 70kg to not stress too much and focus on technique, but I'll try 2.5kg jumps until I reach my previous PR. I feel like these were pretty good, I'm staying over the mid-foot more.
    Rest was 3/4'.

Squat - 155kg - YouTube
    Bench - 94kg - YouTube
    Deadlift - 170kg - YouTube
    Chins 3x6,6,4

SQUAT: crossfit space was still occupied so I had to use the mirror, which threw me off a bit, but I managed. Rest was 6/7'.

BENCH: so they don't have any flat benches, only the adjustable ones, which are pretty narrow, but I managed, at least I have safety pins. Rest was 6/7'.

DEADLIFT: Hook grip felt really painful and I felt tired so I just did 170kg again and had to use a reverse grip, I guess it worked out fine. Next deadlift workout will be 172,5kg

Nice squats dude. The mirrors really suck lol. Are you living in Albania now?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Thomas View Post
    Nice squats dude. The mirrors really suck lol. Are you living in Albania now?
    Only until Oct 15th

Squat 140kg
    Press 65kg
    BB Row 3x8 75kg

So, this weekend I partied a bit and ate at least half as usual. It started raining and the wheather is really humid now. Also, I had some intestinal problems. Coordination was obviously harder due to my drinking, for this reason I decided to skip power cleans and just do BB Rows for sets of 8. I just wanted to get a workout in, not optimal, but better than nothing. I'll try to eat properly in the next 48 hrs

I knew there was no way I could do 157,5kg on the squat, so I settled for 90% of last session's load. Rest was 5/6'. I know it's light but everything just feels heavy, obviously.

Press was good enough to increase by 1kg.
    Rest was 5/6'.

what was that music in the background on those squats? sounded like you were in an old disney cartoon lol

That sounds like "alright, all of you clowns keep fighting over what music we're playing over the speakers. So this is what you get!"

Good for sipping beverages with a partner, not so much for crushing heavy squats.

starting strength coach development program
    Guys,this is the best price to quality gym I could find in Tirana, and every gym is like this pretty much. Once you spend a long time in a proper gym setting, it is soo obvious why commercial gyms have nothing to do with training

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast