BW 91,9kg
    Squat - 145kg
    Bench - 90kg
    Deadlift 165kg
    Chins 3x7,6,6 (3' rest)

Squat felt heavier than I thought.
    Trying to find perfect technique as usual
    Rest was 6/7'.

I planned on doing 94kg on the bench but warm-ups felt way too heavy, so I opted for 90kg.
    I had a really hard time unracking the bar, but once I did the load felt manageable. Even from the recordings it didn't look heavy and I looked pretty symmetrical.
    I did feel some pain in the left bicep/shoulder area. Nothing unusual, it always happens when I am weak on the bench.
    Rest was around 7/8'. I didn't want to upset my joints too much.

Deadlift was heavy but finally the hook grip didn't hurt, so I could concentrate better.

Thanks Bingley!

BW 92,2kg

Squat - 147,5kg
    Press - 62,5kg
    Power Clean - 70kg

SQUAT: felt some discomfort in left shoulder/bicep area, very likely related to Monday's bench press since I've never felt this after squatting. Technique didn't feel on point.
    Rest was 7'. I was hoping to do 150kg on Friday but I think it's better to introduce a light day. I am lighter now and I intend to keep my bw relatively steady for a while and see how far I can go.

PRESS: felt heavy during warm-ups but not so heavy during workset. Rest was 5/6'

CLEAN: wasn't too heavy, but I had some discomfort on my left arm. Wrist, bicep, shoulder. Usually stuff like this goes away on its own. But I didn't wanna put more weight on.
    Rest was 3/4'.

BW 92kg

Squat - 125kg
    Bench - 92,5kg
    Deadlift - 167,5kg
    Chins 3x6,5,5

SQUAT: I did the first 2 sets beltless, playing around with food stance and back angle to get the perfect technique. Accidentally did 6 reps on the 2nd set. Mild discomfort on left bicep. 3rd set was with a belt.
    Rest was ~5'.

BENCH: Pain intensified on the inside of my left elbow. Generally speaking this is caused by something wrong with the squat grip, but I have used the same grip for months now and it never hurt. I would suspect it's because I unrack the bar from the hedge of the pins, but again, I didn't feel this pain when I did it before.
    1st set I tried to slightly narrow my grip but it didn't feel that good, also I forgot to count, but I think I did 5 reps.
    Also, my head print on the bench is not symmetrical, it's like my head is leaning to my left, but I don't realize it.
    Managed to do all 3 sets but pain keeps radiating through my left arm.

DEADLIFT: slow but good, hook grip didn't hurt much, no pain in bicep/elbow during the lift.

Squat - 145kg
    Press - 62,5kg
    Deadlift 165kg

Ok so, I decided to travel up north for 2 weeks in search for an apartment and a job.
    I wasn't planning on training but wondering around town I found this box gym.
    The equipment is decent, but the racks were right in front of the windows, letting the sun blind me while I did squats and presses.

Also I travelled all night, didn't sleep much, walked a lot and only had 3 croissants for breakfast. I'm actually surprised I could lift these weights today. I didn't feel weak or dizzy or particularly tired.

I don't think I will go to the gym again tho, because I'll be busy and I need to save as much money as I can. But in case I change my mind I got my belt and shoes.

Squat - 147,5kg
    Bench 90kg FAIL did Press - 60kg
    Power Cleans LOW ENERGY

So today I decides to go back to that gym and try another workout.

Squat felt really heavy but I managed.
    Bench press has become a real challenge, so many problems and immediate discomfort on my left arm.
    By the time I finished pressing I was too weak so I did a bunch of light reps on the clean and called it a day.
    I thought I was eating and resting enough to have a decent workout, don't know what happened.

I will train again on Saturday although I'll be teaching the lifts to a friend at the same time, so I don't know how hard I can go, but it's better than nothing.
    After that I'll probably quit going because 10 bucks every time is just too much.
    Hopefully I'll find a place to live soon and a garage so I can go back to training 100%

$10 every time, ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    $10 every time, ouch
    I'm still going today.
    I just hate not training ahah

there is that. As they say, "no pain no gain" and now the pain is in your wallet

Squat 127,5kg
    Bench 85kg
    Deadlift 167,5kg
    Chins 3x7,6,5

Squat felt properly light, was able to focus on proper depth and back angle, rest was 3/4'.

Decided to give it another try in the bench.
    Load didn't feel too heavy, movement was controlled but still a slight discomfort in my arm. I used my thumbs to measure my grip instead of the sign on the barbell, it is about one finger narrower than before, mabye that is helpful. I am trying to concentrate on all the main cues of the bench (scapulas retracted, leg drive, eye gaze, ecc).
    Rest was 3/4'.

Deadlift went up nicely.

starting strength coach development program
    Squat 150kg
    Press 65kg
    Clean 75kg

Squat felt heavy and uncoordinated
    Managed to do 3 sets, rest was 7/8'.

Although I felt I didn't have much energy I went with 65kg on the Press anyway, and it moved pretty lightly. I just needed a lot more focus on what I was doing. Also, the sun was in my eyes, I had to unrack the bar the opposite way to face away from it. Rest was 5/6'

Cleans were a bit heavy but ok. Rest was 4'.

Overall I'm satisfied I can still move these weights even in sub-optimal conditions.
    I'm positive that when I'll go back to training optimally I'll go back to my PRs in no time.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast