• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 90kg
    Deadlift 165kg
    Chins 3x6,6,5 (rest 2')
    BW 91kg (200lbs)

Squat moved faster than I thought, technique seems okay, but I didn't wanna stress myself too much so I think I picked the right load.
    Rest was 5/6'.

Bench also wasn't heavy but I still felt asymmetrical. No pain. Rest was 5'.

Deadlift was pretty heavy, but I managed

it felt heavy because it was heavy...but studly. Nicely done.

Squat 147,5kg
    Press 62,5kg
    Clean 75kg

Squat felt pretty heavy. I also felt sore from last workout, especially in my low back, which didn't help. I was tempted to do a light squat day, but I just rested a bit longer and finished my sets. Technique looked solid. If I'm still sore by next workout mabye I'll do a light squat day. Rest was 6/7'.

Press felt good and fast. Didn't want to increase the load to not stress myself too much, but I'm positive I can go for 65kg next time. Rest was 4/5'.

Clean wasn't too heavy. Didn't feel perfect on some reps. Rest was 2/3'

Overall good session.

BW 92,5kg

Squat 150kg
    Bench 92,5kg
    Deadlift 167,5kg
    Chins 3x6,6,4 (rest 2/3' - I suck at these)

Felt pretty energetic today so I went for a heavy squat.
    1st set went great, visibly hit depth, reps were fast, mabye a tiny bit of knee slide, but acceptable
    2nd set was a bit off, I got distracted by a thousand notification sounds all at once, couldn't focus on my knees as well and slowed down.
    3rd set was better, only slowed down on the 5th rep.
    Had to rest a while between sets, about 7/8'.

Bench was pretty fast, no noticeable discomfort in my left arm, technique felt great. Rest was 5/6'.

Deadlift was ok, I might have lost lumbar extension on the last 2 reps.

BW 93kg

Squat 152,5kg
    Press 65kg
    Clean 80kg (1 set) - 77,5kg (4 sets)

Squat felt heavy, but I decided to do a heavy session because I wanna keep the light squat on the same day as the deadlift.
    1st set I think I reached parallel but didn't go as deep as last time.
    Depth was better on the 2nd set
    3rd set just like the second
    Rest was 7/8'.

Press was good and fast. Rest was 5'

I was sure I could do 80kg on the clean today.
    Started failing reps on the 2nd set, went down to 77,5kg.
    Technique has the usual problems, I tend to stay on my heels on the ascent.
    Rest was 4'.

BW 92kg

Squat 130kg
    Bench 95kg
    Deadlift 170kg
    Chins 3x7(or 8, I forget to count after 5 lol), 6, 6
    Rest was 4'.
    BB Curls for fun 3x8 40kg

Squat was ok. Little discomfort on my left arm, I still can't figure out why.
    2nd set was much faster and I did 6 reps by mistake. Rest was 5'

Bench felt good and controlled. No pain.
    Rest was 5/6'.

Deadlift was heavy, I did a 4+1 with a 40" pause before the last rep. Hook grip didn't hurt too much, I just couldn't push enough.
    I did 1 extra rep later because of my ego and I wanted to really focus on lumbar extension because it looks like it's rounded lately, but it's not likely since I've always had an overextended low back.

BW 92,5kg (203,5lbs)
    Squat 155kg (341lbs)
    Press 67,5kg (148,5lbs)
    Clean 80kg (176lbs)

SQUAT: felt really heavy
    Hit depth visibly on all reps in the 1st set, which is really good.
    2nd set went well, visibly slowed down on the 5th rep.
    3rd set also went well.
    Rest was 10'
    It's really weird how just a few lbs of bw can make such a difference. When I was around 95kg, 155kg wasn't a big deal. Mabye it's just my perception but I feel my muscles working a lot more, the weight feels heavier, and I have to increase rest time on every session.
    I will try a 2kg increment next time and see how it goes. I got to 162kg with 2kg increments before.

PRESS: starting to do a double layback and have to focus to keep balance. Weight didn't feel too heavy still.
    2nd set was much better than the 1st.
    I tried to widen my stance on the 3rd set but it felt weird and I slowed down. Rest was 6/7'.

CLEAN: 80kg was still a bitch, so I decided to just do a 15 rep total approach and do quality reps, and it worked better than deloading or trying to do 5 sets of 3. I can better focus on technical problems if I do 1 or 2 reps at a time.
    Main problem is I jump forward and bring my chest to the bar instead of stomping my feet out and bending my knees to rack.

BW 92,5kg (203,5lbs)
    Squat 131kg (288lbs)
    Bench - 97,5kg - YouTube (214,5lbs)
    Deadlift - 172,5kg - YouTube (379,5lbs)
    Chins 3x8,5,5(rest 3' - really, I suck at these)

SQUAT: with a belt, quick and light, everthing went well, felt some fatigue on my low back but technique looked ok, rest was 5'.

BENCH: 1st set went smoothly, no pain, concentrating on leg drive and engaging my lats to control the elbows.
    2nd set was more wobbly, bar path wasn't consistent. I took more rest for the 3rd set
    Bar slowed down but I managed.
    My next bench workout will be on Monday, I will have to change my schedule again because of my trip to sicily which will happen between friday and Saturday. Hopefully this will result in more recovery and I can aim for 100kg
    Rest was 6/8'

DEADLIFT: hook grip hurt at 150kg, didn't hurt at 160kg x2, sometimes I get it right, sometimes I don't, I guess. But when I do it's much easier to concentrate.
    Last rep was pretty slow, but I managed.

Overall I see a lot of improvement, my bodyweight is lower than the first time I hit these numbers, rest time is lower as well, I don't see much accumulated fatigue or other major technical problems. Hopefully I can get to my hold PRs at this bodyweight. I'm curious to see how my body composition changes.

BW 92,2kg (this is always on an empty stomach btw)
    Squat 157,5kg (3,4,4)
    Press 69kg
    Clean 82kg

SQUAT: felt really heavy, 3rd rep slowed down noticeably, so I stopped (I have no safety pins).
    Rested a few minutes and tried again, did 4 reps but I slowed down a lot and didn't want to risk it. I did a 3rd set after about 7' and did 4 reps. Will try again next time.

PRESS: 1st set went fine but I notice my elbows are not really pointing forward. I narrowed my grip and it was definitely more tight on the bounce but my elbows still appeared to be flaring out. 3rd set as well, I think my forearms are longer than I think, and if I actually point the elbows forward the bar ends up on my chin.
    Anyway, did my 3 sets, rest was 5/6', will try to adjust next time.

CLEAN:. Managed to do 5 sets of 3, but the only set that went really well was the 1st one.
    My main problem is jumping forward instead of opening my stance after I jump to get under the bar. Had a couple of head rushes but overall I did good, just gotta work hard on technique and coordination of the elbows forward/feet out motion. Rest was 4/5'.

starting strength coach development program
    deads looked good and steady, nicely done

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast