starting strength gym

Thread: Strong4Less

Default Strong4Less

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello all, this will be my training log where I will periodically update progress mostly for fun.

I managed to find a commercial gym (think planet fitness but Canadian) called fit4less. Now normally I wouldnt consider a gym like this but mine happens to have a "black card area" basically a place where you can train for real hidden from the normal time wasting public in the gym.

They have squat racks and eleiko lifting platforms. I pay $11 a month to attend. I feel as though I lucked out. I cant believe I found a cheap clean gym that has actual lifting space.

So my mission is to get Strong4Less.

$11/month? I don't care if that's in Canadian or Freedom dollars, that's amazing. Besides, the way I look at it, they're hiding the time wasters from you, not the other way around.

Welcome!

Wow, like Hooper said, that's a bargain!!

It looks like you've been getting good input from the coaches over in the technique forum.

Keep at it!

Best of luck with your training. Fellow Canuck here.

Welcome aboard! Roughly where in Canada? I'm in the NCR.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny&mighty View Post
    Welcome aboard! Roughly where in Canada? I'm in the NCR.
    Hey! I am amazed by the feedback ive gotten since making this little thread

Victoria B.C. here!
    Last edited by LuckyLifting; 11-30-2021 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Spelling

Today was a standard novice phase 1 day.

I've been struggling with back pain and some form issues around my squat having only squatted high bar my whole life.

todays lifts were as follows:

Squat: 240 x5 I missed my last rep because I miscounted, I easily had the rep in me I was distracted cause the guy beside me was getting near my phone.
    Press (the overhead kind ) 90 x 5 went up easy
    deadlift: 300 been really focusing on proper form as I feel doing a single incorrect deadlift a weak ago is what really set my back off... It sucks getting older I remember when I was 19 being able to do all sorts of dumb stuff and just waking up fine. Now if I sleep wrong it feels like I wake up injured lol.

Here is what I'm working with at the gym, Its a nice sort of hybrid system they have the cardio bunnies pay the bills and I get to have access to a decent area to lift. My only issue is they dont have actual power racks just these half ones. The bench press is in the same area with the standard benches. Perhaphs ill outgrow this place but for the moment I am enjoying it.

gym1.jpg

starting strength coach development program
    Great day in the gym!

Hit a solid 245 squat for my working sets.

In fact the last set was so easy I’m worried I wasn’t hitting depth…of course this is the one day I don’t film my final sets. I hope I hit depth, I was so focused on form and getting my ass back during the squat I’m not sure I broke parallel on all of them. I used to just squat atg when I did high bar but with low bar I’m trying to not squat too low.

Anyways bench went off without issue 175 for my working sets.

My deadlifts went well @310x5

The big thing today is NO BACK PAIN! Thats the real victory.