starting strength gym

Thread: Quarter Pounder to Big Mac

Default Quarter Pounder to Big Mac

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey everybody!

Been here before and made some great progress! Unfortunately, let myself fall off during some military training, but hopped back on in August and have been rocking ever since. Wanted to return to revel in some of you all’s achievements and share some of my own (God willing).

Current Stats:
    26 y/o male
    5’ 10”
    201 lbs
    Getting 7-8 hours of sleep, and eating a “See food” diet.

Today’s workout:
    Squat- 3x5x310 lbs
    Bench- 3x5x215 lbs
    Deadlift- 5x385 lbs

Felt good! Started wearing a 3” wide, 10 mm thick belt from Dominion Strength belt during my last workout and I think it’ll help keep progress moving. Been alternating DL and PC every workout, but may have reached my limit for 10 lb jumps on DL. Time will tell.

Workout today:

Squat- 3x5x315 lbs
    Press- 5,5,4x145 lbs
    Power Clean- 5x3x150 lbs

Big misgroov-age on the Press led to the failure today. Pushed against that last rep until my shoulders said “ATP depleted, we’ll be finished now.” Will redo them on Saturday, not a huge deal. 4th workout doing Power Cleans, still working on timing a correct dip.

Good luck to my fellow novices and lifters at large, this week!!

Missed the rest of last week trying to adjust to new schedule and academic stress.

Workout:

Squat- 3x5x320 lbs
    Bench- 3x5x215 lbs
    Deadlift- 5x390 lbs

Re-did 215 lbs on bench, since it was around 10 days since my last bench session. Last LP, my squat 3x5 topped out at 319.725 lbs (145 kg), so today was a .275 lb 3x5 PB. I’ll take any where they come. My deadlift also topped out at 5x385 lbs, previously. So that’s 2 wins for today.

nice impressive work, ah to be young

Mr. Bingley, thank you for the kind words. I think the real goal is to still be clanging and banging when I’m your age!

Workout:

Squat- 3x5x255
    Press- 3x5x145
    Power Clean- 5x3x155

Light squat day today. Much needed too, as I must have carried the bar poorly during my Tuesday squats and now have a mild case of tennis elbow. No big deal, everyone has survived it before.

starting strength coach development program
    get off my lawn and turn that music down! lol

I didn't start this until I was 50; I really wish I had heard about it earlier. Keep up the progress, and listen to your body when it complains