starting strength gym
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: SS Linear Arctic Circle

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Åsali,

Going back to the deadlift warmup progression that we were discussing last week, a recommendation was made to me today that made me realize that I might have steered you wrong. You can read the discussion here.

Hopefully the recovery is going well.

Bill

So... back on track!!

I have not been active for a while, on this forum. I still have been training, recovering and learning. Best of all, I met a girl!!! And she lifts weights!!
    So now I have no excuse to not training, and we have decided to buy some equipment together, wich is kinda nice

I have learned a lot, i tweaked my back after a poor deadlift as you can see in earlier posts, but that is all well now. I had some pain in my SI joints too, wich was terrible. After i had to recover my lifts using the
    Starr Rehab protocol, all pain and fatigue went away. The deadlift was offcourse the hardest part, because the muscle I tweaked was related to that movement.

I decided to train back my strength, and it now feels better than ever. I now understand what fatigue is also. I can feel when its sleep, food or just to much lifting that is causing issues. I also been reading the three book several times.
    I just cant tell how much thing fell in to place after reading the book about lifting passed 40. This was a reccommendation from Bill Anders, and although im "just 35", it has a lot of good information! READ IT!!

To sum it all up, I feel better than ever! I also decided to just focus on the deadlift, and not the powerclean. I dont have the equipment or friends/coach who wants to train/teach it with me, so I dont rush it.
    After i started to just do the deadlift for pulling, my technique and feel for it has been much better too offcourse. I still am a bit behind, just pulling 135kg, but its not heavy yet.

My lifts are now:
    Squat: 140kg/309lbs x 5 x 3
    Press: 58kg/128lbs x 5 x 3 (well, some of them are singles.... just pressing all i can, keeping it heavy to the end of NLP)
    Benchpress: 98kg/216lbs x 5 x 3 (well, some of them are singles.... just pressing all i can, keeping it heavy to the end of NLP)
    Deadlift: 135kg/297lbs x 5 x 1 (I am focusing to deadlift more often, since this is artificially light after my back tweak.... I have more to give here)

I am soon to be ending my NLP, although I think the deadlift have some more weeks to go, maybe the Squat too... I dont know. The recovery is the issue. I need to have a 1 on, 2 off progression,
    keeping the light session every other workout. The deadlift is heavy each time, and then I adjust the recovery if I need to.

Will keep posting on this forum, and I am happy for everyone who wants to read it

starting strength coach development program
    Great news all around, Åsali! I'm looking forward to your new gains, done with more experience and planning than previous, and with the help of a lifting partner.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567