starting strength gym
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Balikati's Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Tuesday November 15th

Squat 3x5 140kg
    It was nice and easy. No grinding but somehow I was breathless more than usual after each set.

Bench Press 3x5 92.5kg
    4, 4, 3, 2, 2. Everything was fine until the 4th rep but fifth didn't go up.

Chinup 3xF
    6, 5, 4.

○94.4kg.

Thursday November 17th

Overhead Press 3x5 61kg
    4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1. I miscounted hence the extra single. I don't know why it turned out like this when Saturday I had hit 5 with it.

Power Clean 4x2 72.5kg
    It was nice. I definitely had strength for this which is why how ohp turned out surprises me more now.
    Also bar chafed on my knees and after the third set I noticed there was swelling on my left knee. And it hurt when I touched it too. It was the same spot I talked about on November 8th. The swelling was gone by the time I went in for the final set and didn't have any problems after that. Something is going on there in my left knee but I don't know what exactly. Even today it's like there's a 1-2 milimeter diameter lump there that hurts when I touch it. "Hurts" is exaggerating actually, the pain is barely existent. I don't know. Maybe it's a bruise or whatever.

LSquat 3x5 110kg
    No pain at all in my knee during these too.

Saturday November 19th
    Squat 3x5 142.5kg
    5, 4, 4. Was heavy from the get go. I'm going switch into 1x5 3x5 programming when I get to 145 again. Came to gym with intent of 3x5 today so I still did my sets. My knee was fine.

Bench Press 3x5 92.5kg
    3x3. I don't know what's going on with my upper body lifts this week. Hit 5 with this couple weeks ago and 4 this Tuesday. Today it wasn't going up.

Chinup 3xamrap
    6, 5, 6.

Tuesday November 22nd

Overhead Press 3x5 61kg
    5, 4, 4, 2. This felt good today.

Deadlift 1x5 167.5kg
    This had me nervous but surprisingly it didn't tire me out too much. But I think my form wasn't as good as last session. Jerked the bar up for the final rep for no reason.

LSquat 3x5 110kg

○94.6kg

Thursday November 24th
    A feeling of laziness hit me after work today. Wanted to go home and sleep. But I didn't.

•Squat 3x5 142.5kg
    It was nice. Just the last rep tried me.

•Bench Press 3x5 92.5kg
    4, 4, 4, 3. I felt like I had the strength for this today, reps weren't grindy at all. But my form was so bad on the first two sets, I think it drained me out. It was better after that. I could have gotten the fifth on the first set maybe but there was a miscommunication with the spotter and he grabbed the bar.

•Chinup 3xF
    6, 5, 4. I don't know why today this was worse than Saturday's sesh.

Saturday November 26th
    Pure shit session today. I'd skipped two meals past two days maybe that had an effect. I ate em this morning but apparently it didn't help.

Overhead Press 3x5 61kg
    4, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1. Same thing as last Saturday. I don't know why this happens but the reps were grindy from the get go and my shoulders were burning too. Completely different from this Tuesday.

Power Clean 4x2 75kg
    2, 1, 0, 0. I was laughing in the gym because what a shit day. First set was fine but I gradually drained out. At that point my drive was gone too.

LSquat 3x5 112.5kg

Tuesday November 29th

Squat 1x5 145kg
    Set wasn't easy but at the end of the day it didn't feel like I worked out. See what happens this Saturday.

Bench Press 3x5 92.5kg
    5, 5, 4. It was going so well until suddenly I drained out on the 4th rep. Pushed for the fifth but it didn't go up. My bar path can be so bad.

Chinup 3xF
    6, 5, 4.

I maxed out the leg press machine again this time for 13 reps. Reason I'd switch to 1x5 3x5 on the squat was to give myself more time to recover so I don't know why I did this lol. I don't even care for machines really, I was just messing around. It didn't have any effect on my next squat sesh last time so I hope it won't affect anything this time too.

○94.9

Thursday December 1st
    Had a bad couple days. Didn't eat much yesterday and haven't slept much past two days.

Overhead Press 3x5 61kg
    5, 4, 4, 2. Felt very comfortable and my form was good but it just didn't go up for a fifth.

Deadlift 1x5 170kg
    I think my form was decent on this too. But straps loosen on last rep, this has happened a couple times now. Gotta fix that.

LSquat 115kg 3x5

Saturday December 3rd
    Really wanted to skip today. Notice how this desire to skip mostly unburrows itself on squat days. I love squats but apparently they're stressing me too. I came anyway. Usually when I come despite this I have brilliant sessions. Today it didn't turn out that way.

Squat 3x5 145kg
    5, 1, 1. I hit the first set nicely. Felt manageable. First rep on the second was better than all on the first but I missed the second rep due to a form error. Guess I'd lost focus for a second down in the hole and the bar came upward towards my nape on the way up and messed me up. I couldn't save it so I had to drop. I didn't want to leave it at that so I went in again after a breather but this time even the first rep was shitty and I dropped the second rep again. I don't even know if this one was because of the same reason or if I'd just been drained out.

What a load of horseshit. First time I held 145kg on my back was 26th of October. I hit it for fives on six different occasions since then but haven't been able to complete three sets across yet. Pisses me the fuck off.

Bench Press 3x5 92.5kg
    5, 4, 5, 1. First set wasn't too smooth but wasn't a big problem too. Second set 4th was a slight grind and I gave in to my frustration and slammed the goddamn bar into the rack, didn't go down for the fifth. People who saw it were surprised because they'd always noticed me going down even though it's very likely going to be a miss. Some kid even said the 4th rep was looking fine. Then I went for the 3rd set and hit 5 nice and easy lol. What a day huh.

Chinup 3xamrap
    7, 6, 5.

starting strength coach development program
    Tuesday December 6th

Overhead Press 3x5 61kg
    It was beautiful from start til end.

Power Clean 4x2 75kg
    2, 2, 1, 1. Maybe I'll practice power cleans on rest days a couple times. My form is all over the place.

LSquat 3x5 115kg
    I gotta be gazing towards my crotch on the mirror during squats. I'd gotten too used to it. It is so smooth and easy when I do that and not when I don't. That's the reason for what happened on Saturday too I think.

○94.8

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast