starting strength gym
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Balikati's Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thursday April 20th

Overhead Press 68kg 3x5
    5, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1. I think hitting this for five on the first set was big feat today. Because it felt real heavy, and I'd been skipping a lot of sessions this month. Fifth was a crazy screamer grind too.

Power Clean 4x2 80kg
    Hit this nicely. Just the final rep was a chest rack. Would be better if I worked on elbows. But pc is feeling nice lately, I hope I can ride this some more.

LSquat
    Did 3x5 with 125 again. This is supposed to feel really light but for some reason it didn't on these last two sessions.

○92.9kg

Saturday April 22nd
    Had to skip because gym was closed due to holiday. It's now 5 skips this month and had a skip on March 30 too. 5 of that 6 total were bench days. Last bench session was on the 4th. Anyway I'll be back Tuesday.

Tuesday April 25th

Overhead Press 3x5 68kg
    5, 5, 3, 1, 1. It felt way more comfortable than the first session with 68. Last rep of the second set was a grind and some faggot approached me trying to grab the bar thinking he was going to help while I was in the grind. I screamed and told him off mid-grind, locked it out before he could touch the bar. But it drained me out for the third set. Still was a good sesh overall.

Deadlift 1x5 167.5kg
    Straps were so bad during this, they loosened very early and the bar would have rolled out by the third rep but I did a double wrap with them so the bar stayed in. Still I had to adjust the left hand strap before the final rep. It wasn't an easy session but it wasn't hardcore difficult either.

LSquat
    Did a single set with 127.5kg because it got too late I was pissed the fuck off that I was gonna be home after midnight again.

○93.4kg

Thursday April 27th

Bench Press 3x3 100kg
    4, 2, 2, 2. Since this is the first time I'm benching in 24 days I thought I'd go for 3x3. Strength wise I didn't feel like there was much drainage on the first set. Weight felt manageable. My form was weird though, I was shaky, bar path was bad, concentric wasn't smooth etc. After the first set though it got worse. Normally I was gonna do 4, 3, 3 but since it all messed up I decided to complete the total to that for this session. I'll see how it goes next Tuesday.

LSquat
    Did 3x5 with 127.5kg. Felt like how it should be this time.

Chinup 3xF
    9, 6, 5. First time I'm doing chins in 24 days too but didn't lose a rep here. That first set was pretty nice, last rep was a biig grind but I made sure not to kip or wobble in any way on the way up.

Saturday April 29th
    I haven't eaten or slept well this week because of work. As a result I was extremely sore from this week's workouts. Especially my chest and lats because I hadn't benched and done chinups in 24 days until last Thursday. Still came.

•Overhead Press 3x5 68kg
    3x3. No way in hell I had any more gas for this.

•Power Clean 4x2 82.5kg
    1, 1, 0, 0. I'm surprised I got those reps tbh. Shot sesh but still it's the heaviest PC I've ever done.

•LSquat 3x5 100kg
    I'm doing one heavy one light day from this point on. Last time I was eyeing to get back to where I was too quickly and maybe it had an effect on what happened. No need to rush.

starting strength coach development program
    I'm still training. Just got a bit bored of posting everything here. I already keep a personal log with every detail anyway. I'll be back a couple months later maybe.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314