Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Balikati's Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    September 7 Wednesday

LSquat 3x5 100kg

Overhead Press 3x5 55kg
    5, 4, 3, 3. Felt numbness on my left arm after the second set but it's getting better. Maybe I'll be fine for the bench press this friday.

Deadlift 1x5 147.5kg

September 9 Friday

Squat 3x5 127.5kg
    Nice and easy.

Bench Press 3x5 82.5kg
    So there still was some pain in my elbow but it felt manageable warming up so I went in. It was all good.

Chinup 3xF
    3, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1.

September 12 Monday

Overhead Press 3x5 55kg
    5, 5, 4, 1. Didn't make me feel drained at all I think I missed the last rep because of bad form. I waited something like 20 seconds and did another rep to get the total to 15.

Power Clean 4x2 72.5kg
    2, 1, 0, 0. This was my first full PC session since the one I did on August 3rd with 77.5kg. There was still a minor pain in my elbow and wrist but it was neglectable. First set was fine, I got 1 out of 3 tries on the second set and that one was ugly too, didn't get any after that. Don't know if I should lower the weight more or try a couple more sessions. In the past trying the same weight for a couple more sessions usually yielded good results. Weight didn't feel too heavy.

LSquat 3x5 100kg

I weighed 96.1kg.

Wednesday September 14

Squat 3x5 130kg
    Wasn't easy but wasn't a problem either. It was all good grip wise until the final rep but after that I felt some numbness on my shoulder.

Bench Press 3x3 85kg
    I had intent of doing 3x5 but elbow and wrist were bothering me even during warmups and the weight felt heavier than it should be so i settled for that. That's what happens with 2.5kg jumps when you're not eating enough I guess. I'll do fives next session.

Chinup 3xF
    4, 3, 3.

Friday September 16

Overhead Press 3x5 55kg
    All good. Just the final rep was a grind.

Deadift 1x5 150kg

LSquat 3x5 100kg

Monday September 19

Squat 3x5 132.5kg

Bench Press 3x5 85kg
    4, 4, 4, 3. Couldn't get the 5th on the first set snd then I completed the total to 15. Don't know if that's valid for bench press also but I did it.
    My left wrist is slightly injured. Certainly feel pain as the weight approaches my work set weight and it's of hinderance. So I found a wrist wrap in the gym and used it on my left wrist. Right one was raw. It helped a lot. Didn't feel any pain during the movement but between sets when I took the wrap off I felt some pain that lasted a couple minutes.

Chinup 3xF
    4, 3, 3.

I weighed 96.1kg

Wednesday September 21
    Long day at work today.

Overhead Press 3x5 57.5kg
    4, 3, 3, 3, 2. Increments of 2.5kg have run their course. Maybe I'll push until 60, maybe not, I'm not sure but the good news is that I found 0.5kg plates in my gym. They don't fit the bar's sleeve but I can stick them to the clips. So I can decrease the increments from 2.5kg to 1kg now.

Power Clean 4x2 72.5kg
    Could do a single rep with 72.5kg. Was just not going up. Then I lowered the weight to 65kg and did 2 sets of 3. When I went in for another set I could only get 1 rep. Form wasn't good either. The rack was ugly most of the time. Something's not right with my power cleans right now. Although I have to add I feel a sharp pain in my left wrist during the rack right now and that definitely had an effect.
    I'm either gonna lower the weight to 65 and try working back up or change the programming to prevent having OHP and PC on the same day. Or both. I'm not sure now. But it's a big drainage. I was doing 77.5kg way more comfortably back in early August.

LSquat 3x5 102.5kg

Friday September 23
    I had a friend of mine come over to my gym today and we trained together. He's a stronger guy who's been lifting for more than I do and he helped me figure out something very crucial.

Squat 3x5 135kg

Bench Press 3x5 85kg
    Wrist was way better. Didn't need a wrap this time.
    For all this time I've been benching I haven't been utilising the leg drive properly at all. I might as well have done all the previous workouts with my legs in the air. Did the first two sets and final rep of the second set was a grind. Felt like I wasn't going to get the 5th on the final one. But he realised what was going on when he saw my quads weren't contracting and showed me how to utilise the leg drive. So I did the third set driving my feet both down and away, without lifting my ass off the bench of course, and it was so much easier. All I've gottasay is I'm glad that problem's solved now.

Chinup 3xF
    4, 4, 3.

Monday September 26
    Overhead Press 3x5 57.5kg
    I didn't expect to get this one first session after increasing the weight. It was a good surprise.

Deadlift 1x5 152.5kg
    Did this without holding at the top. So much easier.

LSquat 3x5 105kg

I weighed 95.4kg

starting strength coach development program
    Wednesday September 28

Squat 3x5 137.5kg
    5, 5, 4. Last rep was a grind and took a good couple but just couldn't get it up. Made me scream too. I feel like had I kept pushing just a bit more it'd have gone up. But I've been warned in the past by management because of these screamer grinds so it makes me hesitate.

Bench Press 3x5 87.5kg
    3, 3, 2, 1. I had intent of 3x5 but got 3 on then first set. Then I was going to do 3x3 but failed the last one too. Did a single to top it off. Similar thing happened with 85 too. But first time I hit 85 and 87.5 was early June and there weren't any problems like this then.

Chinup 3xF
    5, 4, 4. This my best chinup session ever since I started lifting weights. Strange how it happened on a bad day.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast