starting strength gym
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Balikati's Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Friday October 21st
    Week's fatigue hits me on fridays after work and I was so close to skipping today. I don't even know how I convinced myself not to. But it was such a good session overall.

Squat 3x5 142.5kg
    It was smooth from start to end.

Bench Press 3x5 90kg
    This was smooth from start to end too. I was surprised because earlier I had problems with the 2.5kg increases but today I got it on the first try.

Chinups 3xF
    6, 5, 4.

Monday October 24th
    Gym's always so crowded on mondays. Not enough air. I have a hard time breathing. Pisses me off.

Overhead Press 3x5 60kg
    5, 4, 3, 3. Same as last sesh. I didn't really push for this today I guess.

Deadlift 1x5 160kg
    It was nice. I'm getting chalk soon too. Gonna ditch the straps. Wonder how strong my grip is. Maybe I'll use straps on the first 3 or 4 and then hook for the last one or two. We'll see when I get it.

LSquat 3x5 112.5kg
    Something in my left groin/upper leg is always tight and I feel it especially during the squat, at the bottom, and usually on light days not heavy days. Feels like a muscle. Been this way for like a month maybe. It's on the point where the leg connects to the torso. Don't know what it is about.

Weighed 95kg.

October 26 Wednesday
    Long and tiresome day at work today.

Squat 3x5 145kg
    5, 3, 2, 1. First set was fine but it after that it felt like it got heavier all of a sudden. Second and third sets were very different. I did that single in the end just because.

Bench Press 3x5 92.5kg
    4, 3, 3. First set was fine but my bar path wasn't so good and that drained me out for the 5th rep I think. Then as was the case with squats today on the second and third sets the weight felt like it got heavier. Normally I was going to complete the number of reps to 15 but I felt too drained so I left it as a 3x3 with a cherry on top.
    Gym management probably did something to the ventilation system to cut electricity costs. Today gym wasn't so crowded so it had no business being so hot and stuffy. That drained my energy out a lot too.

Chinups 3xF
    4, 4, 4. First set was the worst on this one the others were better and I don't really know why the drop from 6 to 4 happened. Guess I was just tired.

Friday October 28

Overhead Press 3x5 60kg
    5, 4, 4, 2. It felt good. I'll see what happens next week.

Power Clean 4x3 70kg
    2, 1, 2, 2. So I started with very bad form, same as what I described on Wednesday last week. And I couldn't get the second rep on the second set in a couple tries. Then I realised I wasn't doing the shrug properly. Guess I'd forgotten about it after not doing power cleans for a while. I started doing it and the third and fourth sets were far better. Hence the 1 2 2. I'll do 70 against next session and move on from there.

LSquat 3x5 112.5kg

Monday October 31
    Gym was soo crowded. And hot. Was like working out in a sauna.

Squat 3x5 145kg
    5, 5, 4. Couldn't get the goddamn last rep up.. Doing this at the gym's peak hour with a million people right next to me and no air was so tiring. It's the first time I fail a weight two times in a row in a long time.

Bench Press 3x4 92.5kg
    4, 4, 4, 3.

Chinup 3xF
    6, 5, 4.

Forgot to weigh myself.

Wednesday November 2nd

Overhead Press 3x5 60kg
    5, 5, 4, 1. What a waste. I felt so comfortable with the weight today and it was so smooth except for 2nd rep of the 2nd set and 3rd of the 3rd. Those were bad form wise, threw them too far back and it drained me out saving them.and completing the sets. Just couldn't get the final rep up after all that.

Deadlift 1x5 162.5kg
    Was nice.

LSquat 3x5 112.5kg
    I felt a slight tingling sensation in my left knee during these. So strange how all this bullshit never happens on regular squat days. Most of the time it happens on light days. Around the third rep I started feeling it in my left knee on both the first and the second sets. Third set I especially focused on the hip drive and didn't really make much of a difference but it was a bit better. A couple minutes after the sets and most of the tingling was gone. Felt like it's the tendon, not the muscle or bone but I don't really know. I'm gonna sleep on it and see what happens.

○Weighed 94.8kg.

Friday November 4th
    I came to the gym today to see that the only window in the gym and my only source of fresh air was sealed shut. I could swear at people for a whole paragraph here but all I'm saying is this thing is becoming comical by the day.

•Squat 3x5 145kg
    5, 4, 3. Third fail in a row and a worse session than this Monday's.. I know I'm not eating enough so things like this were bound to happen from the get go.

•Bench Press 3x5 92.5kg
    5, 4, 3, 3. First set was so good but weight felt so much heavier after that.

•Chinup 3xF
    5, 4, 5. I didn't really push for these at all today.

Tuesday November 8th
    I've changed my workout days in order to avoid the monday night crowd. I will be going Tuesday Thursday Saturday now. Got an extra day of rest too.

Overhead Press 3x5 60kg
    At last. Been trying to hit this sets across since the 30th of September. Last rep was an insane 10 second long grind too but I got it. Also lately my shoulders used to burn after an ohp sesssion but today it was all fine.

Power Clean 4x2 70kg
    Was a nice and easy sesh.

LSquat 3x5 112.5kg
    My left knee hurt a little again. It's the stupidest thing. I squated 145 for sets across last Friday and there were nothing of the sort. Now this light session and I feel it again. But I especially focused on shoving and keeping my knees out for the second and third sets. Was better. It's like there's a mild inflammation somewhere below my patella. I can feel it when I touch it. But it's so mild and probably going to go away real quick like how it happened last week. At least I hope so.

Weighed 94.6kg.

Thursday November 10th
    My mother came to visit me out of town so I skipped training today to spend time with her after work.

starting strength coach development program
    Saturday November 12th

Overhead Press 3x5 61kg
    5, 4, 3, 2, 1. I like the smaller increments. First set was so fine I was even caught by surprise when the bar rose so fastly during the first rep. I had some gas in the tank for the fifth rep on the second set too but it was going to be a grind and I couldn't get into it. After the third set I got an important call that took like 20 minutes. Guess I'd gone cold by the time it was over. Still completed the total to 15.

Deadlift 1x5 165kg
    This was a bit difficult on the last 2 reps. Pulled 140 for a double as the final set of warmup without straps but the hook opened at the top. Need chalk.

LSquat 3x5 110kg
    I'm gonna drop the weight to 140 after the 3 fails and a skip so I took some off here too. But my knee was fine this time. Widened the stance a bit maybe that helped.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast