starting strength gym
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Balikati's Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thursday December 8th

Squat 3x5 145kg
    5, 5, 4. GODDAMMIT. Even the 5th of the second was a screamer grind. I pushed through it all and tried the last one hard as hell, it just didn't fucking go up. Always makes you doubt whether if you could have had it when the fail is on the last rep..

Bench Press 3x5 92.5kg
    Silver lining of the day I guess.

Chinup 3xF
    7, 6, 5.

It's a fueling and/or recovery issue somewhere. What's your rest period between those squat sets? What happens if you increase those rest periods?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    It's a fueling and/or recovery issue somewhere. What's your rest period between those squat sets? What happens if you increase those rest periods?
    I always rest until I feel ready for the next set. Don't have a time constraint in this regard. But 95% of the time it's between 7 to 10 minutes. For upper body lifts might be a bit less, for lower body might be a bit more. Depends on the circumstances as well, during summer time and in a crowded gym I rest more.
    That squat session I rested 9 after the first set, 15 after the second. Last rep on the second set was a hard grind and it took a while for me to catch my breath again.

Saturday December 10th

Overhead Press 3x5 62kg
    5, 5, 4, 1. Last reps killed me this week. But good for the 1st try. Felt comfortable with the weight.

Deadlift 1x5 172.5kg
    Was nice. Struggled a bit with the final rep.

LSquat 3x5 115kg

Been a tiresome week. But it was nice I think. Just the last reps on squat and ohp..

Tuesday December 13th

Squat 3x5 145kg
    Fucking nailed this at last. Very comfortably too.

Bench Press 3x5 95kg
    3x3. As I was warming up to this I realised I'm feeling dizzy whenever I lay down on the bench and get back up. Happens at home in bed too. I don't know what it is about but made me a bit nervous. I came to the gym with intent to do 3x5 today but I couldn't really focus during the first set and did 3 reps with bad form and racked it. I did feel like I had strength for the fourth and maybe the fifth but I didn't really push it. Second and third sets were better form wise but those felt harder too. This is my first time with 95 and also the first time I held a weight higher than my own on the bench. At least that's what I had thought during lol. I'll go for 3x5 next sesh.

Don't know what the dizziness story is about. This used to happen some time ago but it went away on its own then. This time it started around last weekend.

Chinup 3xF
    7, 5, 4. Drained out in the end.

○96.5kg I don't know how the fuck I gained 2 kilos in 3 days because I didn't eat unusually at all. This was probably a fluke weight but I don't know. Just goes to show me how different things could have been had I been eating more and gaining weight the past 6 months.

Thursday December 15th
    Ventilation in the gym was turned off completely today. All the mirrors were full of steam. These people are trying to make me go insane lol. Made em turn it on halfway through.

Overhead Press 3x5 62kg
    5, 5, 4, 1. Again. Big grind, didn't go up all the way. Was closer than last sesh. But also it felt more difficult overall somehow.

Power Clean 4x2 75kg
    Warmups didn't feel so nice. Went in for the first set, it didn't go up once. Last sesh was 2, 2, 1, 0. I don't know what happened. Said fuck it and left it there.

I do considering especially focusing on PC in the future. By far my worst lift and the one I feel the least comfortable with form-wise. Don't know how exactly yet.

LSquat 3x5 115kg

Saturday December 17th

Squat 1x5 147.5kg
    Was decent.

Bench Press 3x5 95kg
    4, 4, 3, 3, 1. Had a cramp on my right hamstring after grinding and failing the fourth rep on the third set. Gym's stuffy.

Chinup 3xamrap
    7, 6, 5.

○I weighed 93.9kg. Normally I check my weight weekly but this time I wanted to see because I know last Monday's weight was a fluke.

December 20 Tuesday
    I'd say today was a decent closure to my fall arc.

Overhead Press 3x5 62kg
    Nice and easy.

Deadlift 1x5 175kg
    Nice and easy. Just the last rep tried me a bit.

LSquat 3x5 117.5kg

○95.7kg. This shit again. Idk why I gain 2 kilos and lose it back by the end of the week lately.

Thursday December 22nd
    A squat day classic, wanted to skip and go home and laze around after work. But I didn't.

Squat 3x5 147.5kg
    Did not come to the gym with the expectation to hit this today. But I pushed through and hit it. Felt so good.

Bench Press 3x5 95kg
    5, 3, 3, 3, 1. First set was fine I don't know what happened afterwards. Also I started feeling very hungry during these. Didn't eat soon before training today.

Chinup 3xF
    6, 5, 4. Felt the hunger during these too.

Had a sort of a cough since Thursday morning, got sick Friday and had a fever through the evening, slept on it and I am fine today but still feel a bit down. Going to take this day off to rest.

starting strength coach development program
    Tuesday December 27th
    Not feeling sick but still have this phlegmy cough.

Squat 1x5 150kg
    4, 1. I was worried I'd lost some strength while I was sick but weight felt comfortable. First 3 reps were fine but I might not have braced well for the fourth and it folded me out lol. Drained me out getting that up and then fifth didn't go up.

Bench Press 3x5 95kg
    4, 3, 3. Should have done 15 but I settled with a 3x3 with a cherry on top for today.

Chinup 3xF
    7, 6, 5.

○94.2

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast