starting strength gym
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Balikati's Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Tuesday January 17th

Overhead Press 3x5 64kg
    5, 4, 5, 1. Definitely could have aced this. Bunch of bullshit. Otherwise felt very good.

Deadlift 1x5 170kg
    Back at it. Was nice. No pain.

LSquat 3x5
    Did it with 100kg. It's difficult training through an injury, it hurts like a fucker lol. Weight obviously feels very light though. I'm thinking 120, 130, 135, 140 and +2.5 1x5 3x5 from then on. We'll see.

○Forgot to weigh myself.

Thursday January 19th

Bench Press 3x5 97.5kg
    5, 4, 3, 3.

Chinup 3xF
    8, 6, 6.

LSquat
    Pulled a bitch move and skipped this. I was feeling lazy and used it being a light injury recovery sesh as an excuse.

○93.6kg

Saturday January 21st

Overhead Press 3x5 64kg

Power Clean 4x2 65kg
    Thought I'd take some weight off since I've not done power cleans in a while. Felt light though. I could probably muscle clean this a couple times.

LSquat 3x5
    Did with 100kg again. Groin doesn't hurt warming up anymore but it hurts during the work sets still.

I did my ohp session. Then something came up and I had to leave the gym. Came back an hour and a half later. I was hungry as fuck for the rest of the training session.

Tuesday January 24th

Bench Press 3x5 97.5kg
    5, 4, 4, 2.

Chinup 3xF
    8, 6, 6.

LSquat
    110kg 3x5. Did a single with 140 after the session.

○Weighed myself but I had boots and coat and some stuff on so the scale showed something like 95.3. Normally I weigh myself with gym clothes only. Idk how much of a difference it made.

Some dork complained against me to the management because I take too long on the bench lol. He didn't even come to me to ask how much I have left. I'd have told him to do his work inbetween my sets and all would have been fine. Bad thing about my gym is how people like this dork has been complaining about me to the management and them giving me shit for the most trivial of things imaginable. That's why I found a new gym at the beginning of this month. I'll be switching over there after this week.

Thursday January 26th

Overhead Press 3x5 65kg
    4, 4, 2, 3, 1, 1.

Deadlift 1x5 172.5kg
    Idk why but this felt real heavy and I didn't have the strength for it today. Also guess I didn't set the strap correctly on my left hand because it gave in on the first rep. Did 2 and left it, set the strap again properly after 30 seconds and did another rep, I locked it out but I wasn't able to get it up with a straight lower back and it was very grindy too so I left it there. Don't know what happened because 170 was nice last week and I did 172.5x5 at ease last month.

LSquat
    Skipped. Yeah I know but I couldn't handle the frustration and didn't have the energy either. These are still light sessions anyway.

○92.3kg. Another kg lost. Maybe that explains a couple stuff maybe not lol.

Saturday January 28th

Bench Press 3x5 97.5kg
    5, 4 3, 2, 1.

LSquat
    3x5 with 110 again. For some reason my groin hurt more on warmups than the worksets this time. But the injury is all but gone I ought to get the weight back up close to where I was sooner than later.

Chinup 3xF
    8, 6, 5.

I've been eating like shit this month. I've lost discipline on this front lately. I have to get a hold of it.

Saturday January 31st
    First day at new gym. It's not so much better equipped for barbell training than my old one. But it's a bigger gym with more equipment overall. We'll see how things go.

Overhead Press 3x5 65kg
    New rack is a crossfit rack. Different than my old one. Felt weird but I hit it nicely.

Power Clean 4x2 67.5kg

LSquat 3x5
    Did it with 120. Rack doesn't have safeties. The manager told me they bought safeties and they will arrive soon. It doesn't make a difference on these light sessions but for regular sessions I'd want them.

○93.3kg

Quote Originally Posted by balikati View Post
    Bad thing about my gym is how people like this dork has been complaining
    Also I noticed the grammatical error here. "...how people like this dork have* been..."
    Yeah I obsess over this stuff lol.

Quote Originally Posted by balikati View Post
    Saturday January 31st
    Tuesday not Saturday.

Thursday February 2nd

Bench Press 3x5 97.5kg
    5, 4, 4, 2. Taking me a goddamn while to bury this alongside the rest of them.

LSquat
    3x5 with 125kg. All is feeling fine.

Chinup 3xF
    8, 6, 5. New bar is twice as thicker as my previous one. My forearms and all were feeling extremely stiff. First set was fine, I did the 9th too but it was questionable so I didn't count it. But on the third set grip gave in. Chalk will come in handy on this I hope.

After the session I ran on the treadmill for some. 2 percent slope 4km pace for 27.30 minutes and same slope 10km pace for 2 and a half. It's not easy sprinting lol. Not gonna be something I'll do consistently for now but wanted to try it out.

Saturday February 4th
    I trained with a friend at the gym he goes to. We did this once before and I wrote it here. Crossfit gym.

•Overhead Press 3x5 66kg
    5, 4, 3, 3. I think I'd gotten too used to lifting in front of a mirror. Feels weird setting up and everything without checking on the mirror. But the handles on the rack were feeling weird to me too. Overall my form wasn't very good though, threw the bar too far back on a couple of reps. Weight felt comfortable though.

•Deadlift 1x5 172.5kg
    I hit it but it was one of the most intense sessions I had. I could taste all kinds of fluids gushing upward towards my mouth from the get go lol. And the set was really hard overall. Def wasn't like this last time I hit this succesfully. The crossfit bar I used was the same weight but thinner than the olympic bar I use normally. That might have helped a little. I use straps but still grip can give in, I've experienced it before. And the worst part is I think I have a problem with setting my back and keeping it straight. My back bends, I can't keep it straight especially on struggling reps. Honestly I don't know how I got that fifth one up. Need to work on this.

•LSquat
    Last time I squatted here I injured my elbow and it was on a light day. The racks feel unfamiliar with me so I was worried it'd happen again. But I didn't want to skip too so I did front squats instead. 5x3 with 100. Was nice and easy. I'd want to train the front squat too, but maybe not now.

starting strength coach development program
    Tuesday February 7th
    My back was still sore from the weekend sesh. Strange.

•LSquat
    3x5 130

•Bench Press 3x5 97.5kg
    4, 3, 3. Wasn't my day. First set fifth I pushed hard but it didn't go up. Settled for 3x3 after that.

•Chinup 3xF
    8, 6, 5. I like the new thick bar.

○93.3kg

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast