starting strength gym
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Balikati's Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Thursday February 9th

Overhead Press 3x5 66kg
    4, 4, 3, 2, 2. Some gains went to shit this past week. I'm short a rep on both presses this week. Been eating like shit, that's why. 4th rep on second set was a beautiful grind though. Always good when those happen and you get to lock it out.

LSquat
    I was close to pussying out from this and doing front squats instead. Idk why I'm afraid of increasing the weight back to where I was before I injured myself lol. I did a coin toss and god said do you session properly so I did 3x5 with 132.5kg. It feels light as it should be.

Power Clean 4x2 70kg
    1, 1, 1, 1. Cocksucker. This had been feeling so well during the previous sessions with 65 and 67.5, no effort at all, today warming up and the first rep was easy too, then it didn't go up. Pisses me the fuck off.

Saturday February 11th

Two burglars tried to break into my house in the middle of the day. I heard them forcing the outer door and ran over there to confront them. They heard me opening the inner door and rushed downstairs and ran away from the apartment. Couldn't see who they were. Came to gym stressed about all this.

Bench Press 3x5 97.5kg
    3x3. Couldn't do the fourth on the first set. And it felt difficult all around and the bar was about to slip from my left hand each rep. Time for a deload, there's been too much drainage.

LSquat
    I did a light day of a light day today lol. While we were warming up an employee came and announced they were closing early today. They're probably understaffed because some of the employees went away to volunteer for the earthquake response. But this guy said he has a plane to catch. I understand about them being understaffed because of the earthquake distaster but gym getting closed early because this guy has a plane to catch didn't sit right with me and pissed me off. I'm going to speak to the manager next week to see what this was about. Did 107.5 for 3x5.

Chinup 3xF
    Didn't have enough time for this. Did a 3x3 quickly and left the gym.

What a shitty day.

Tuesday February 14th
    I skipped today.

Thursday February 16th
    Pissed at myself a little for skipping the other day. Sometimes the laziness gets to you. Pussiness too.

LSquat
    135kg for 3x5. Been a month and a half since I got injured and a month since I started sqautting again. About time I get back to 150. But they still haven't brought the safeties for this stupid squat rack.

Bench Press 3x5 90kg
    Feels good after the deload. Flies.

Chinup 3xF
    8, 6, 6. It's hard af doing chinups on a thick bar. Without chalk too. Fucks my pretty little hands up lol.

○93.5kg

Saturday February 18th

LSquat 3x5 115kg
    I'm back to the one light one regular protocol. I'll switch to 1x5, light, 3x5 depending on how it feels on the go. Was gonna do this last but kids were doing squats too so we did it together to save time.

Overhead Press 3x5 66kg
    4, 4, 3, 3, 1. Fumbled this so bad. I kept throwing the bar too far back and messing myself up on the fourth reps and drained out saving them. After the second set I just got drained out overall. Throwing the bar too far back was a problem on all sets for me today. And I even failed the last single twice before hitting it. But I was rushing it because there's only one 20kg bar and the kids were waiting for it and the gym was about to close.

Power Clean 4x2 70kg or 71kg?
    This was either 70 or 71 I'm not sure. Did this with one of the non olympic bars. They told me it was either 15 or 16kg and I didn't have time to weigh it to pinpoint. But the bar was thicker than the olympic bar. Like there was a clear and immediately recogniseable difference between them girth wise. One of the kids is doing SS too and I didn't want to make him use the bad bar on his deadlift set.
    After the ohp sesh was done I had like 15 minutes before the gym closes. So I rushed the warmups and did the worksets with minimal rest but still hit them. Form wise it was nice and strength wise it felt good too. A silver lining after the shitty ohp sesh I guess. Also my beard is longer now and bar kept trapping it on the rack position lol.
    I don't know how much difference therr is between doing the same weight with a thicker but lighter bar or the regular olympic bar but I'll keep on using the olympic one. It's just that the gym has only one olympic bar. Tells you about the stupid faggoty gym culture in my country.

Tuesday February 22nd
    I had a migraine attack today. Lights everywhere caused me pain. Was very bad.

Squat 3x5 137.5kg

Bench Press 3x5 92.5kg

Chinup 3xF
    9, 7, 6. Finally hit that 9. 10 soon.

○93.1kg

I've worked until 01.30 on Friday and 00.30 on Monday. And yesterday I had a very tiring day first at the courthouse and then at the office so I was feeling pretty tired. Combined with the headache I just didn't have energy to cook and eat a damn chicken breast. Just went to bed. I'll eat two today.

Thursday February 24th

Overhead Press 3x5 66kg
    4, 3, 3. Something is wrong here. I'm going to do a deload so I left it as a cherried up 3x3.

Deadlift 1x5 172.5kg
    4, 1. I just couldn't lock the fifth out. It was very fatiguing. This session was very similar to my 177.5 session at the end of last year but this time the fifth rep was even closer, still just couldn't lock it out. There's been some drainage on my deadlift too actually. I pulled this for 5 three weeks ago on my last deadlift session. But then I skipped the next session 10 days ago. I don't know. I'll try again next week.
    Also during warm ups my hook grip gave in on the first rep on 147.5. Had to pull mixed. I need chalk.

LSquat
    I did 5x3 front squats with 90kg. I kinda like em.so I thought light day would be a good chance to do em.

Quote Originally Posted by balikati View Post
    Thursday February 24th
    23rd not 24th.

Saturday February 25th

Bench Press 3x5 95kg
    It was very nice. But my bar path is problematic sometimes. Also I had to do this first because there was a line for the olympic bar.

Squat 3x5 140kg
    This was intense.

Chinup 3xF
    9, 6(7?), 4, 1. I lost count on the second set. Third set my grip gave in. But I did another one right off because I conditioned myself for at least 5 on the final set.

I think I popped my fucking groin again. This time the right side. I can't pinpoint the exact moment it happened like when it happened on new year's eve but it probably happened on the final rep, because I did feel something down there immediately after racking it but didn't care about it. Now that a night has passed it is exactly the way it was when I injured my left groin then.

This is a bunch of horseshit. I was just getting back to where I was at the end of last year and now a whole bunch of weeks will go to shit again. How the fuck can I injure my groin on the left and right side 7 weeks apart, what kind of bullshit coincidence is this goddammit..

starting strength coach development program
    Tuesday February 28th
    Been awake since 3 am today. One of the rare occasions where I had problems sleeping.

Overhead Press 3x5 60kg
    Goes up nicely after the deload. I did the first set with a wider stance but I didn't like how it felt, can't squeeze the ass as hard. Did the other two with my regular stance. Although I have to add it wasn't as easy as I wanted it to be.

LSquat
    Tried this, empty bar doesn't hurt when I shove my knees out, but even 50kg did. This injury is milder than the one on new year's eve, but I will still have to take a couple sessions off and start climbing back up again probably. Gonna cost me a couple more weeks. Pisses me the fuck off.

Power Clean 4x2 72.5kg
    1, 0. Tried this with 73kg because I'd forgotten my 1.25kg plates at home. Failed once, hit it, failed again on the first set. But they were all close. I just lacked the energy and explosiveness today. Honestly I lacked motivation too this bullshit just drained me off. My groin didn't hurt at all though. Last time it did during deadlifts and cleans too. That's why I'm saying this one's milder. Feels so too.

○93.8kg

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast