starting strength gym
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Balikati's Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Thursday March 2nd

Bench Press 3x5 97.5kg
    5, 4, 3, 3. Last reps on those last 2 sets were crazy grinds.

LSquat
    I tested myself didn't feel much pain on 60. But when I tried 80 it hurt a lot. I went back down to 60 but that was hurting then too. I did a set and went in for a second one but I was basically doing pistol squats inadvertently in order to avoid loading the right groin bc it hurt. I decided to stop after realising that.

Chinup 3xF
    7, 5, 5. Didn't really push on these I lacked the drive.

Saturday March 4th

Overhead Press 3x5 61kg

Skipped squats and deadlifts. Letting the groin heal.

Tuesday March 7th
    I had some pain in my right wrist today. Popped up like an hour before the session it did not exist before that. Strangely didn't hurt during bp or chins.

Bench Press 3x5 97.5kg
    At last. Hit it 7 weeks after the first attempt.

Chinup 3xF
    9, 6, 6.

Skipped squats again. Probably start back next sesh.

○93.1kg

Thursday March 9th
    Wasn't my day today. Idk why I just felt bad.

•Overhead Press 3x5 62kg
    Last rep was a grind but other than that it wasn't half bad.

•Deadlift 1x5 160kg
    Wasn't difficult but it wasn't as easy as I thought it'd be after a 15kg deload either.
    I realise just now it was PC day. But it's good that I did deadlifts because otherwise it was gonna be 3 weeks of not deadlifting. A little switch won't hurt.

Skipped the squat. I shouldn't have attempted squatting right after I got injured I think.

Also allergy season is back and I can't sleep at night because of this goddamn nose condensation. Gotta get some oxymetazoline but I was too busy with work that I couldn't make the time. I'm gonna get one today. This week max I've slept is 4 to 5 hours. This is an annual thing for me but last year it hadn't happened.

Saturday March 11th

Bench Press 3x5 100kg
    5, 4, 4, 2. Finally held 2 plates on my hands. It felt nice.

Chinup 3xF
    8, 3+3, 5. My hands were wet during the second set and apparently I didn't rinse them well because my grip slipped.

Groin still feels bad squatting. Last time the injury was worse but I was able to resume earlier than this. Also they finally brought safeties for the squat rack. Sooner than later now.

Tuesday March 14th

•LSquat
    Went up with 10kg increments until 70x5. Idk it hurts but I'm not gonna wait anymore.

•Overhead Press 3x5 63kg

•Power Clean 4x2 70kg
    This was nice.

○91.9kg
    Lightest I've been in a while.

Thursday March 16th
    I've had a wild week. Haven't slept and eaten well.

Bench Press 3x5 100kg
    3x3. Last saturday I felt very comfortable.with this weight. Today it wasn't that way. Felt heavier, bad form, no gas. Third set was a bit better. I could have went for 5x3 but the kid I work out with was waiting for the bar and I made an excuse out of that.

LSquat
    Did 3x5 with 60.

Chinup 3xF
    Did 3x6. Idk why but I didn't have the energy for this at all today. Grip gave in too.

Saturday March 18th

LSquat
    3x5 with 80.

Overhead Press 3x5 64kg

Deadlift 1x5 162.5kg
    4, 1. Stupid strap gave in on the last rep. Idk what the fuck happened the bar slipped right out of it on my left hand. I got it up but the bar's left side dropped to the floor. Because of that. So I didn't count it and did another rep after a couple of seconds.
    But it didn't feel good overall too. Form wise it was bad and strength wise as well. Having problems with the deadlift for a couple of months now.

Tuesday March 21st

LSquat
    Did 3x5 with 100. Groin feels fine. I think I waited too long before training through the pain this time. Because it heals a couple sessions in. Same as last time.

Bench Press 3x5 100kg
    5, 4, 3, 3.

Chinup 3xF
    9, 6, 6. I could have done more on the second and third sets but grip gave in.

○93kg

starting strength coach development program
    Thursday March 23rd
    Today I felt the urge to skip after a long while. Probably because of how tired I've been lately.

Power Clean 4x2 72.5kg
    Had to do this first because some other guy was doing rows with the bar so I had to take turns with him or wait. Moved really fine and my form was ok too. Just gotta throw the elbows infront faster. PC is so much fun when it's butter like this. Also it was 73.3kg because I used the 45lb plates.

Overhead Press 3x5 65kg
    Last rep was a biiiig grind.

LSquat
    3x5 with 110. Groin was fine except on the final set. I leaned on my left leg too much on that I think.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast