starting strength gym
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the Hurry

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    nice set of prs!

09/23/22 Friday

Squat 315x5,4,2 MAN! I got off balance on rep five of set two and thats why it went back down. I had nothing in the tank for set 3 but the reps I got looked damn good. I'm noticing a pattern. I get Monday, make a five pound jump on Friday and fail. I'm willing to bet it'll go for 15 on Monday. Last time I did this weight it was for 2 triples. I was doing the texas method (Shouldn't have been, could've kept LP going if I had known what was going on) so even though it didn't go it feels like a win.

Bench 187.5x5,175x5x2. Like nothing. They look and feel great. Should hit body weight in no time.

Powerclean 120x3x5 Looking good today. They're racking well and my elbows are up hard.

CGB 95x20. Wow. Didn't think that would happen. 115x12x2. First time trying this exercise, so I just went to failure for a few sets. I'm hoping it'll help my press since I couldn't get 5x3 on this last weight.

My nutrition is on point and I'm sleeping well for the most part. Hopefully I'll have a gained some weight when I weigh next week.

09/26/22 Monday

Weight: 200 Yay!

Squat 315x5, 285x5x2 My knee control is still not where I want it to be. I think alex was right. I took 10% off and those sets improved. I haven't been turning my left foot out enough. I turned it out 5-10 more degrees and it made a big difference. When I focus on pushing my hips up, the knees seem to do a better job staying out.

Bench 190x5, 180x5x2 PR Feeling good. Pushing through my feet and squeezing the bar have really helped me drive it out of the bottom.

Deadlift 355x3 Failed man. I think I might have misjudged needing the heavy pull once a week. I'm going to switch it to a A/B Rotation with the clean and see if the increased frequency doesn't help it move up faster.

CGB 135x10x3 These are fun. I'm hoping it'll help my lockout in the press because if I ever miss a rep it gets stuck right above my head. Pin presses would probably be more appropriate for the press getting stuck but my bench has also been moving up so my thinking is that some extra volume will help that trend.

09/28/22

Squat 290x5x3 This is interesting. My knee control is all over the place. It's the right leg specifically that's having a hard time functioning. I had a severe structural injury of that knee when I was 16 and I'm wondering if this problem is related. I'm gonna keep going up and try to keep him out

Press 117.5 - 4,4,3,3,1 Last time I got here it wouldn't budge, so this is nice.

Power clean 122.5x3x5 These are a real struggle for me. I'm gonna keep working on them and see where it goes.

Leg raises 3x12. I'm reading Mean ol mr gravity and the section covering injuries has a lot of hernia questions. My father has 2 hernias. I am likely predisposed. I've felt what I think is probably the foreshadowing of one on my right side so I've decided to incorporate some extra ab work as a preventative measure.

when the weight gets heavy I notice I get Elvis-knees; I really need to constipate on keeping them still

It's hard to do! My only cue is "knees out" and I'm wondering if there isn't another good one.

yeah, it is. I get the knees out by getting my heels planted between hip and shoulder width and then duck-footing my feet outward, about 15 degrees each way, before starting the descent. then the key is holding them there...

You make it sound so easy :P

09/30/22 Friday

Squat 295x5x3 best squat workout all week. Knees are perfect on reps 1-3 of each set, 4-5 are a little spotty but not enough to worry about

Bench 192.5x5 I have to throw my ass up on the last rep, not graceful, ideal, or something I plan on replicating. I just really wanted that rep.
    185x5x2 Backoff is not much of a backoff anymore. They're getting hard. I'm gonna cool it with the 5lb jumps

Deadlift 355x2 Maybe A/B is too much after all. I'm gonna try and pull this again Wednesday and go back to once a week after that

CGB 145x10,9,5 WOW. They are right about failure happening suddenly with these. I don't think my arms have ever felt so swollen either, Maybe that's because I did 2 minute rests. I'm gonna do these after bench workouts from now on and put chins in behind my OP.

Leg raises laying on bench, 16x3

starting strength coach development program
    It's "easy" on the way down. On the way back up...

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast