starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BenjaminO

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Bill, Thank you. The buckets would be doable.

Week 9 B
    Work sets
    SQ: 165x5x3
    BP: 100x5x3
    PC: 80x3x3 (ran out of time)

I'm still getting used to the volume for PC, I've only done them in the past as a single before pressing.

Week 9 A2
    Worksets

SQ: 170x (4,5,3) failed
    PR: 85x5x3
    DL: 240+sand x5 (w/belt & left hand supinated)

Had to change squat stance, My wrists had not been straight. Bar sits a little higher on my back now, but wrists were straight. (From video by Andrew Lewis)

I dont know if I had the bar too low before, or if it is too high now.

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminO View Post
    I dont know if I had the bar too low before, or if it is too high now.
    I went through that, too. Unfortunately, the correct answer is get an in-person look from a coach, if possible. Next best is video consult or form check that focuses on where the bar is on the back.

Week 11 (?) Worksets so far
    184.4 lbs, 5'10", 40 y/o
    A
    SQ: 175x5x3
    PR: 90x5x3
    DL: 250 + sand x5 (w/ belt)

B
    SQ: 180x5x3
    BP: 110x5x3
    PC: 90x3x5

Previous post w/comments accidentally deleted trying to edit

Week 11 A2 worksets
    BW: 185.6, 5'10", 40 y/o

SQ:185x5x3
    PR: 95x5x3

Felt like ass before starting, not enough sleep and didn't know if I'd have enough time. Told myself I ate enough to do it, and just do what I can with the time I have. Will do DL tomorrow.

Usually do the press 2-3 times before moving up in weight. I have fractional plates in the mail. Said fuck it, got through the squats. Also needed to know if 25s would hit the ceiling or not (basement gym) they poke into the insulation and just miss some pipes and joists. So that's good. Otherwise I'd have to get a bunch of 10s.

A word about Rip. He is a Texas-old grump. He's very creative and wishes the best but his grumbling is part schtick and part natural. Best wishes.

Thank you, Carson. I've learned a lot by listening to all the old pods from the beginning (I think I'm up to 2017 now) and going over the book. Lots of good info!

starting strength coach development program
    Current progress: Wk14? Had iffy issues with holidays (for reference, started with just the barbell on everything but DL, about 175-180 lbs)
    Worksets:
    SQ: 200x5x3 (always feels the same, hard but do-able, good rest in-between sets now)
    BP: 120x5x3 (I feel like I could jump more than 5 a session right now, but I think it will all catch up in due time)
    PC: 100x3x5
    PR: 95x5x3 (I want to hit 100 before using my microplates [1.25 each] I think its my worst lift)
    DL: 245 (bought more 45 lb plates and can officially go past 240 now)

40 y/o, 5'10, 190 plus-ish lbs. (Only up 5-7 lbs from my startin point, but there has been serious body comp changes)
    Eating is becoming my tactical strategy now. I'm trying to get enough protein in (about a half gallon of milk per day right now, and trying to do more) y'all need to put out a damn recipie book (take my money, I just got my bonus) and a food escalation program to go along with barbell weight increase. Like damn, dry ass tuna sucks donkey balls. I'm at about 60% reccomended protein for my weight and I feel like a whore during rent week.
    Thanks for reading!

Also, how the hell can one shit out over 4-8 lbs in the morning? My BW before and after bed should be weighed and measured and stolen by Jenny Craig. The fudge?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12