starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My biggest fear? Dying skinny

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Are you able to film your sets? I'm still a newb too but I notice some of my own form mistakes when I review my own videos. Plus you can post in the form check forum and get feedback from SSCs.

Regarding the popping, from what I've read it *can* be a normal thing for certain people. My ankles are outrageously cracky/poppy. Just rotating them through a full range of motion sounds like cracking my knuckles repeatedly. Supposedly it's just caused by gas bubbles in the joint or something.

Also, just for comparison, I'm 5'11" and 176 as well. 35 years old. I've been eating 4500 calories and 250g protein per day since starting back in early October. I've gained 20 lbs so far and am actually increasing my calories to 4800 because my weight gain has kinda stalled out. I know everyone's needs are different, but that should give you some idea of how much you might need to eat.

270 squat 200 bench and 315 deadlift.
    So excited to have these numbers. 315 was my 1 rep two months ago! I’ve put on weight since starting the program, am up to 187 at 5’11.
    My shorts are starting not to fit my legs. Absolutely love it.
    Still the elbow irritation. I’ll post a squat video at some point soon.

Alright. Got a 275 squat today and a video of it, January 3, 2023 - YouTube

I watched rips video on the spacing of arms and grip and think It did feel a bit better. My elbows are hurting on the past few days. I assume tendonitis. Is that what’s causing it the grip maybe? Also still the popping on the press

Alright people I squatted 285 today and it felt pretty rough. Probably due to jiu jitsu last night.
    I attempted 330 on the deadlift, got 2 reps and couldn’t get the 3rd up. I tried again 10 minutes later and couldn’t get the barbel off the ground.
    I will stay at 330 until I get it. Since this is almost 6 weeks of doing the program, do I switch to phase two? I’m not a “complete novice”
    Also weight is up to 189

starting strength coach development program
    Started back over after a layoff. 195 squat 170 bench 190 dead. Weight around 180 not certain. Gonna go steady and smart so I don’t mess ip my back again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12