starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: squat and deadlift check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    because i'm bored, i captured his squat video and stopped it at a few spots (according to rip i have thus made his squat not parallel by using video software to dissect it).

the first image is to show where his knee is in relation to the rack, for reference. the next three shots are him at his deepest on reps 2, 3, and 4. i see the hip crease basically at the low point of his t-shirt.

starting strength coach development program
    And I still think there's a bit of parallax going on, exacerbated by the fact that he's going wide and his knees are especially wide of his hips (i.e. the hips are further away in the distance from the line of reference).

edit: For example, in the first pic, his right knee appears higher than his left...but that's just because it's farther away from our point of reference. We know the knees are actually level with each other. And, I believe, the hips are where they need to be too...despite their 2-dimensional apparent relation to the red line you provided. That's parallax for ya'.

Not saying I can't be wrong here. But I'd give him those squats in competition...and I'm USAPL depth snob.
    Last edited by Gary Gibson; 12-23-2009 at 04:46 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12