starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I buy a new belt?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I measue 37" around the stomach and a have a size Large Inzer that fits perfectly in the middle of the holes. You could be cutting it close with a medium, and any weight gain could cause a problem.

Measured my waist at 34 and 3/4" should I call and change my order to a large?

That may make you on the smallest notches of a large. But the belt goes a bit higher than your waist. How big is your stomach? How much do you weigh? How much do you plan on weighing?

I measured at the point I would place my belt (natural waist). Im 6' and weight ~183 plan to be 200 probably after that eventually 220 before I cut(but this is long term).

I dont really mind calling in tomorrow and switching my order - shouldnt be a big deal. Just dont wanna get a belt that swims on me.

Probably need someone with a medium to chime in here. You may fit just fine with room to spare.

I will say that my belt holding my pants right now and my inzer would probably not touch if worn at the same time. If I put my 4" Inzer down where my waist is, I would most likely break my ribs at the bottom of a squat. I really recommend measuring at your belly button.
    Last edited by slughammer; 04-12-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Measured it at my belly button at 34 3/4". Cant decide which to choose now. What should I do? As this is a forever belt I kinda want to use this.... well forever. Should I just go with the large?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJanell View Post
    Measured it at my belly button at 34 3/4". Cant decide which to choose now. What should I do? As this is a forever belt I kinda want to use this.... well forever. Should I just go with the large?
    Are you planning on gaining >10 lbs anytime soon? If so, the larger size will last you longer.

Yes I am currently trying to gain about 15-20lb.

Im gonna switch it to a large.

You should probably get the larger size. If it's too big you could always drill some holes in it, but since you intend to gain weight you'll fit in it nicely sure enough.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by confuzzl3don3 View Post
    You should probably get the larger size. If it's too big you could always drill some holes in it, but since you intend to gain weight you'll fit in it nicely sure enough.
    Ya thats what I thinking. Worst case scenario Im drilling holes..but if I go with a medium theres not much I can do once I outgrow it.

Switched the order to a large on Monday - said it was going to take 10-14 days to get here...damn shipping across the border.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123