starting strength gym
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got rid of the belt.

Default Got rid of the belt.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Was squatting 120kg, hit a massive plateau so decided to deload. Now I'm lifting without belt.. Currently lifting 115kg with good depth, and no belt.

I felt that I could cheat form with the belt, and it may be detrimental to my lifting in the long run.

Now I know that if my form is shit.. Then my back is gonna get punished.. Sure I'm not lifting as heavy.. But I feel better for it, knowing that my core is getting trained harder.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonTiger View Post
    I felt that I could cheat form with the belt, and it may be detrimental to my lifting in the long run.
    Your feelings are incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonTiger View Post
    How can you "cheat" form with the belt?

Sure I'm not lifting as heavy.. But I feel better for it, knowing that my core is getting trained harder.
    Just when I was starting to warm up to you, you ruin it all with this garbage. The belt allows your "core" to work harder than it would without the belt. How many times does this have to be stated on these forums, on 70sBig and in Gary's articles before people get it?

Not this shit again.

To counter this terrible act I feel obligated to report I received my first belt (an Inzer single prong Forever Belt) on Easter and squatted with it for the first time Friday night. LOVED it.

To counter this, I now have two belts. I only wear one of them. The other one is just there because I'm awesome.

I just got an Inzer lever belt on Friday. Now that I have it properly set up I can't imagine not using it on my worksets. Feels good man. Even though I feel I look a bit silly with it on, lol. Not that I care what the other people in the gym are doing...Except for that guy who was setting up a bunch of dumbbells on the only lifting platform in the gym today so he do some push ups with them... he was nice though and moved so I could get my deadlifts in.

This thread makes me wish I got a single prong instead a double prong.

Quote Originally Posted by PVC View Post
    Just when I was starting to warm up to you, you ruin it all with this garbage. The belt allows your "core" to work harder than it would without the belt. How many times does this have to be stated on these forums, on 70sBig and in Gary's articles before people get it?
    This.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by PVC View Post
    How many times does this have to be stated on these forums, on 70sBig and in Gary's articles before people get it?
    I'm thinking Gary will go postal when he sees this. Time to duck and cover...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast