starting strength gym

Thread: Squat/Dead Form Check

Default Squat/Dead Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm on a reset for squats, here is the last set. Relatively easy set of 270x5:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgASdwdk83o

- Lower back dips a little

Here is an easy set of 345x5:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzRAo...eature=channel

- Bounced second rep
    - Let it roll forward on my last set
    - Hit my knees a couple times

Thanks again in advance!

Nice looking squats, although it does appear you are falling onto your toes slightly during some reps (or is that just the sole of your shoe shifting?)

Don't be afraid to take a 2 second break between each DL rep - it will prevent bouncing and will enable you to take a big breath between reps.

-Squats
    If that set was from a reset (which should be quite easy) you didn't reset enough. The last 3 reps were definite grinders, which isn't a bad thing. They looked fine apart from the lower back which only looked like a real issue on the first 2 reps.

-Deadlifts
    Reset after each rep. Make sure every rep is like the first. Those hexagonal plates can be a bitch to PC/Dead with so make sure to do it right and reset after each rep.

The more variables that you can account for will only help you.

-Hat

Both looked very good. My only complaint is that you're doing touch-and-go for some of your deadlift reps. Put the weight down, take a second to reset your back and take another breath, and then pull.

Quote Originally Posted by hatmanii View Post
    -Squats
    If that set was from a reset (which should be quite easy) you didn't reset enough. The last 3 reps were definite grinders
    Right, this too. Unless it was the third set.

To clarify I reset from 285 to 250, this is the 5th workout since the reset.

Thanks for all the quick input, I HATE those hexagonal plates I have no idea why they even exist.

On the squat form, should I improve my lower back arch? Or is this form good/safe enough?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by jayknow05 View Post
    To clarify I reset from 285 to 250, this is the 5th workout since the reset.

Thanks for all the quick input, I HATE those hexagonal plates I have no idea why they even exist.

On the squat form, should I improve my lower back arch? Or is this form good/safe enough?
    The YMCA I go to used to have the hex plates. At the time I only deadlifted every so often and it was always an adventure. They wisened up and went to Troy grip plates which are actually quite nice.

Just focus on keeping the arch more. To be honest, it was more butt-winking than it was lumbar rounding. Looked good otherwise.

-Hat