starting strength gym
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Falling over during Squat...

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Sometimes you need to dispense with all of the minute details and think of it in very simple terms. You know you need to keep your back in a tight arch and you know your knees need to go forward at the start. Beyond that just think of this one thing: Keep the bar running in a straight line down, then up directly over your mid-foot. Everything else falls into place.

If you can't get a video, get someone at the gym to watch JUST that. Someone can tell you if and where in the movement you deviate from a vertical bar path. I find that looking just a couple feet ahead of my toes lets me keep an eye on my feet and visualize the vertical bar path better.

I'm not sure how much a coach is, but you can pick up a video camera used for about $100. For example, a craigslist search here brings up an 8 GB ipod nano with video camera. Or a Flip.

Wow. Talk about overthinking a problem...

There are links to Rip teaching the squat right next to all those SquatRx videos you've been posting from youtube. Maybe you should take a look at those.

For the record, I break at the hips before the knees, have 0 trouble with wall squats, goblet squats, or any other squat and am also 6'2". Coming from an Oly and power squatting background I'm "learning" Rip's squat style. It doesn't quite feel natural yet, but I just started, so it shouldn't. Relax and work on it. It'll happen.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks... I realize I'm over-thinking it.. the reason is because I'm having a lot of trouble!

Will try to get a camera on it..

Appreciate the help in this thread.. thanks!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456