starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Squat Depth

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoWayno View Post
    ???

Anyway, I'm not sure if it's the best approach but when I can squat in a rack I set the safties about an inch below where the bar should be at the bottom. Then I use the mirrors and peripheral vision to check for consistancy. Technically that checks bar height and not depth but it may be better than guessing.
    I think a lifting buddy would be better.
    It was a joke, since Drew called me broseph for some reason. Apparently no one got it.

Liar!

Quote Originally Posted by drewcarroll2 View Post
    @Carnivroar,
    Are you calling me a troll? It is a legitimate question. And if rounding your back is the same thing as butt wink then I need to figure out how to fix the problem broseph.
    Touché.
    Assuming your were talking to me there, as I was the only one mentioning back rounding till that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Daniel View Post
    It was a joke, since Drew called me broseph for some reason. Apparently no one got it.
    In that case, BAHA HA HA HA!!!!!!

starting strength coach development program
    I used to perform the ass-to-the-grass squats because I was fixated on achieving proper depth. But ass-to-the-grass is unnecessary. Below parallel is what you should be aiming for. The best cue is back tightness. If you lose tightness in your lower back when you're in the hole, then chances are excellent that you're too deep. If you're back is loose coming out of the bottom, you're in a world of trouble form-wise. Next thing you know you'll be performing good mornings and your back angle will deteriorate dramatically.

Rip doesn't appear to be overly concerned with depth other than getting yourself below parallel. I don't know what else to tell you. Adjust your back angle early in the rep and try to maintain tightness as much as possible on the way down.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123