• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey,

Deadlift Form Check 75kg / 165lbs

Please comment on my deadlift.

Anything wrong with my form?
    Is my back position good?

I think I'm slightly in lumbar flexion. Could this be caused by tight hamstrings?
    If I sit with my feet against a wall and do a sit-and-reach test I am 10cm (4inches) away from the wall.

(Apologies for the crap music at the gym)

Have you read Starting Strength? Re-read the deadlift chapter. Your starting position is totally wrong -- your hips are too low, putting your shoulder blades way behind the bar and causing the bar path to curve way out around your knees. The correct setup position for you will involve lower hips and a more horizontal back.

You're putting it down incorrectly was well, bending your knees first and having to move the bar out around them.

Your lower back looks fine, but your understanding of the setup for deads needs some work. You start with your shoulders well behind the bar. If you watch your bar path, it is anything but straight as you try and move the bar around your knees. You need to get your shoulders in front of the bar and your torso more horizontal. Refer to the book. There's a really useful step-by-step setup to ensure a proper pull from the floor.

Oops. Posted just at LV did.

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigVan View Post
    Have you read Starting Strength? Re-read the deadlift chapter. Your starting position is totally wrong -- your hips are too low, putting your shoulder blades way behind the bar and causing the bar path to curve way out around your knees. The correct setup position for you will involve lower hips and a more horizontal back.

You're putting it down incorrectly was well, bending your knees first and having to move the bar out around them.
    Thanks for your answer.

You mention that my hips are too low, but at the same time you suggest that a correct setup position involves lower hips. Is that a typo or am I missing the point?

This is almost exactly how they taught a functional deadlift
    when i took a course to be a Personal trainer.
    And the course i took were expensive to.

I can't really see what is functional about it

If i would lift something of the ground i want the object close to my body,
    that would seem more functional.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gravity View Post
    Thanks for your answer.

You mention that my hips are too low, but at the same time you suggest that a correct setup position involves lower hips. Is that a typo or am I missing the point?
    I am pretty sure LV typed that incorrectly. Your hips should be higher, which would make your torso more horizontal and move your scapulae in line with the bar.

I meant that your hips will be higher.

Is it me, or are more people posting videos to the technique board without having read the book?

starting strength coach development program
    It is highly unlikely that he has read the book.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast