starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Check 280x5x3

Default Squat Check 280x5x3

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Have at it! This is 5# less than my previous 5x3 max in early June.

Link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdWchIhu_30

And can I just say the iPhone sucks with the stupid MOV format, I had to use an online converter that took forever and made the video quality somewhat poor.

Looks good to me, only that you might be rising your ass a bit sooner than your torso. Try to maintain that back angle as you ascend. "Keep your chest up"

I have to disagree with Carnivroar, at least from the set filmed from the side the chest angle is maintained quite well as well as the knee position, which usually goes back when people lift their ass up in the air.

The music, is it Beethoven? I have heard that before but I don't remember the piece which it came from.

The music, is it Beethoven? I have heard that before but I don't remember the piece which it came from.
    It is indeed Beethoven. Symphony No. 3 in E flat Major, the Eroica. Usually that's the tune I use so you don't have to hear plates clanking and my grunting.

Cool, I thought they were looking good but I still like to post every couple months in case I'm slipping. Anyone else wants to chime in I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivroar View Post
    Try to maintain that back angle as you ascend. "Keep your chest up"
    This is rarely a helpful cue with low bar squats, even when things move into good morning territory. That is ususally better addressed by keeping the knees in place and driving the hips up. His back looks pretty good from what we can tell at this angle and it is not uncommon to see a slight change in back angle at a trainee taps into their posterior chain to drive the bar up.

Thank you Tom, I value your input and actually read the thread on how to film before posting, although I realize it wasn't hip height, and was more 30 degrees than 45. Such are the vagaries of filming myself while also trying to lift heavy (for me).

Tom is a damn good coach and strong fooker to boot. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the WFAC SS seminar in Feb. His advice is always solid.

Quote Originally Posted by JStrong View Post
    Thank you Tom, I value your input and actually read the thread on how to film before posting, although I realize it wasn't hip height, and was more 30 degrees than 45. Such are the vagaries of filming myself while also trying to lift heavy (for me).

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by misspelledgeoff View Post
    Tom is a damn good coach and strong fooker to boot. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the WFAC SS seminar in Feb. His advice is always solid.
    Aww, shucks. I should note, however, that Geoff is stronger than I am. Very funny guy, too.