starting strength gym

Thread: Technique check

Ok, that's a lotta stuff to go through. You might get more replies if in future you make a seperate thread for each lift...

Squat - not too bad. I think you could be smoother on the descent by moving your butt back as you break at the knees. At the moment, you break at the knees, descend for 10 to 20cm with your back upright, then move your butt back.

Your knees seem to be collapsing in a bit on the ascent - shove em out as hard as you can. On the heavy set, your knees shoot back on the ascent. Try to keep everything tight in the hole by tensing your calves and all the muscles above the knee. It'll keep your knees much more stable.

Focus a bit more on driving up with your hips.

Bench - nice job bailing over the side after you got pinned.

Row thingies??? - I got nothin'; I've never done them before...

Press - keep your elbows up at the bottom. Shrug all the way up at the top.

Deadlift - you're not setting up properly. I'm gonna assume you have SS even though you're doing some kind of Stronglifts 5x5 program. Re-read the part about setting up. The way you are setting up now is putting your butt too low and your shoulders directly over the bar. So when you start the lift, your butt shoots up without the bar actually moving. Look at the rep you fail on. Your butt is the only thing that moves. Get your butt up higher and the bar directly under your scapulas.

If you fail with a double overhand grip, change to mixed grip.

If you're lucky, one of the more knowledgeable guys on this forum will point out anything I've missed...

Ok thank you ill try every thing u said i think i understood it all.
    about the deadlift i tried mixed grip but i didnt do better then the double overhand grip.
    im doing the 5*5 liner program.
    and again thanks