starting strength gym

Thread: form check on squat and deadlift

Default form check on squat and deadlift

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello everyone,
    been getting back into training (again) after falling down the rabbit hole earlier this year...I would appreciate a form check on my squat and dead.

Squat is 245 x5. this is the third set. Please let me know what you think about hip drive, depth, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVB34FxTOrE

Deadlift- this is 285 x5. but I am burned out (been working too much, eating not enough, sleeping not enough), and so i think its really more like a set of singles.
    My back appears too horizontal. Also on the last rep, do you think my back is rounding too much?
    please let me know your thoughts..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICJrGHGFJpI

I will also post these links to TMPHBITEU on his separate forum section...
    once again, i appreciate your input and collective experience..
    Regards,
    V

I think your squats are excellent and those are some good Romanian deadlifts.

fuck.
    you are right. i havent made it that far in the book yet - so far, i have only studied the squat, BP, MP, and DL. havent got to the assistance exercises yet, i just went there and looked it up- i have been doing RDLs the whole time and didnt know...

should i drop the weight down and learn to do a regular deadlift? like a reset (10% off) and then try a "normal" DL?

please advise, and thanks in advance..
    V

Squats look very good. You want your deadlift sets early on to be a little quicker than that. Resetting and doing them normally is probably a fine idea.

Quote Originally Posted by vivek View Post
    should i drop the weight down and learn to do a regular deadlift? like a reset (10% off) and then try a "normal" DL?
    I think the way you are doing them is harder than the "proper way", so weight should not be too much of a problem for you.

IPB